Thread poster: Tom in London
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:25
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Mar 28, 2020

When I go to the list of the forums I want to follow, and deselect the ones I DON'T want to follow, there seems to be no way to save my preferences, and in fact they are not saved, and the forums I DON'T want to follow continue to show up in my list of forums I am following. What am I missing here? Where do I save my preferences for those forums?

Here's a small screen shot from the list where I've been selecting/deselecting. As you can see, I've turned off various forums I don't wa
... See more
When I go to the list of the forums I want to follow, and deselect the ones I DON'T want to follow, there seems to be no way to save my preferences, and in fact they are not saved, and the forums I DON'T want to follow continue to show up in my list of forums I am following. What am I missing here? Where do I save my preferences for those forums?

Here's a small screen shot from the list where I've been selecting/deselecting. As you can see, I've turned off various forums I don't want to see - but they keep on appearing in my list anyway. Grrrrr......

Screen Shot
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Over here Mar 28, 2020

I think this URL is what you're looking for:

https://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=homepage_forums

Annotation 2020-03-28 124018

The page you copied, www.proz.com/forum/categories/technical_forums-tech.html, is only for email notifications (and perhaps RSS, which I've never really figured out how to use) and does not affect what you see on your home page, as far as I understand.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
@Thomas Mar 28, 2020

Thanks Thomas - I knew about that page. Ages ago I used it to deselect the topics/forums I don't want to see on my home page - and ironically, that page DOES have a "save preferences" option - but they still keep coming up! That's exactly the problem!

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Odd Mar 28, 2020

I just removed SDL Trados support from my 'List on homepage' and refreshed my home page. That made a post from an SDL Trados forum disappear, so it seems to work for me. At least on the old home page, which I'm using, as the new one is a complete dog's breakfast.

Did you refresh your home page? If you just navigate back to it without refreshing, you may see a cached version that doesn't reflect your update.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
OK Mar 28, 2020

OK Thomas I always do those things anyway, but I'll keep trying.

Hopefully somebody will come up with other suggestions.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Thought you would Mar 28, 2020

I thought you would. When you are troubleshooting something, you just need to rule out the most obvious causes first.

You could try to clear all proz.com cookies. Just in case.

If it still doesn't work and no knight in shining armour comes to your rescue, the next obvious step is to create a support ticket – as you would know already.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save preferences

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »