Article: ProZ.com site glossary
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 16:00
SITE STAFF
Feb 7, 2006

This topic is for discussion of the ProZ.com translation article "ProZ.com site glossary".

Maria Tulbure  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
useful Feb 15, 2006

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

This topic is for discussion of the ProZ.com translation article "ProZ.com site glossary".

I find this article very useful for beginners on ProZ.com. I would have liked to read such an article a year ago when I first heard (!!) about ProZ.com, when I really did not know where to start from. It took me quite a lot of time (several weeks) to understand the whole 'philosophy' of ProZ.com. So, I could say this article reminds me of my first days on ProZ.com when I felt I would never be able to understand everything about it. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it recommended to new ProZ.com members.

intertran  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
English
+ ...
Bid vs Quote May 1, 2007

My mistake. I know the difference between bid and quote but I have used the terms interchangeably.

If you wish to get technical then what I really do is make an offer. I do not find a box on proz.com that states "offer".

Then the offer is either accepted, rejected or a counter offer is made.

When an offer is accepted, you have made a market.

So, I wil use the proper terminology when your website permits it.

Thank You,

Alfred F. Marton
International Translation'
Lingo2Lingo Translations,
Div. of Marton Enterprises, Inc.
San Diego

[Edited at 2007-05-01 06:46]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Article: ProZ.com site glossary

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search