XP SP3 versus Windows 7
Thread poster: Fernando Toledo

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:08
German to Spanish
Apr 17, 2010

Question. Is there any reason why should I change to Windows 7?
I want to say, there is some disadvantage on using XP SP3 for the new versions of programs (related to the translation)? What cannot I do with my "old" OS?

I do not want to compare both OS. I ask only for a normal use as a translator (Office, CAT and dictionaries).

Thank you

Fernando

Dušan Ján Hlísta  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 06:08
English to Slovak
+ ...
it ain’t necessarily so ... (George & Ira Gershwin) Apr 17, 2010

Absolutely not. Not one reason. The only exception is that when you buy a new computer, then they sell it to you with the latest version of their Windows (while it is not MAC). But even then there is still the opportunity to go back to the elder version of Windows. It is also necessary to consider, that the new MS Windows version is always with new kinds of "bugs" until its Service Pack 1. So why do you need to hurry to get a new version?
Dušan Ján Hlísta

[Edited at 2010-04-17 17:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XP SP3 versus Windows 7

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search