Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am an editor and a translator from French to English with more than 20 years of experience as a media professional.
- Recent freelance projects include machine translation post-editing and editing of a book-length translated memoir
- A list of my subtitling work for TED is available on my TED Translator profile
- Managing editor of Translation Review (2012-2015)
- Director of the American Literary Translators Association (2012-2014)
- Four years experience teaching journalism, new media, and writing at the university level
- Six years experience as editor/producer for magazines and websites
- Four years experience as newspaper reporter
- PhD in Humanities with emphasis on translation studies at the University of Texas at Dallas
--- Dissertation: "Translation in the Digital Age: Reconstructing Montaigne's 'Du Repentir'," includes a hypertext translation of an essay by Michel de Montaigne
- Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF C1)
- MA in Journalism from New York University
- Certificate in French Language and Civilization from the University of Lyon
Keywords: journalism, news, new media, internet, online, web, technology, humanities, history, literature