TATHIANA GONZAGA DE LACERDA ABREU
Telephone: +55 (61) 982707233| E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Linkedin: tathianaabreu
Address: SHIGS 707, Bloco P, Casa 4, Asa Sul – Brasília – DF – Brasil
UNIVERSITY OF BRASILIA 2014-2019
Degree in Translation Port-Eng
· End of Course Paper: Translating the Short-Story “What it Means When a Man Falls from the Sky” by Lesley Nneka Arimah: Between Commented Translation and Essay (Grade: SS [9-10])
BRASILIS IDIOMAS 2017-2018
210-hour Course on Conference Interpreting and Business Translation
TRANSLATOR (PT-ENG-PT) June/2015 – Present
● Translation of theater plays from Portuguese into English for the Brazilian Theater Company and the AntiKatártiKa Theater Company;
● Translation of screenplays from Portuguese into English for the “New Stories” Screenwriting Lab promoted once a year in São Paulo, Brazil by CINESESC;
● Translation of screenplays into English for submission in international film festivals;
● Translation of subtitles from English into Portuguese for the 3rd Egyptian Cinema Festival in Brazil;
● Translation of official documents for international organizations such as: UNICEF, UNDP, Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Relations; Brazilian Ministry of Defense; WHO; UN Women; FAO; WFP; among others;
● Proofreading of documents in English and Portuguese for the aforementioned international institutions;
● Experience in translating official documents such as Terms of Reference (TOR); Terms of Agreement (TA); International Cooperation Agreements; and other widespread document models;
● Experience in translating resumes, academic articles, end of course papers, theses, abstracts, motivation letters, among others.
* Excerpts of previous works that do not compromise any requests for confidentiality may be sent upon request.
CONFERENCE INTERPRETER (PT-ENG-PT) June/2015 – Present
● Consecutive and simultaneous interpreter in official, cultural and educational events, field visits, UN missions, meetings, among others;
Some of the events worked:
- 2nd Egyptian Cinema Festival – Interpreter for English-speaking Egyptian Directors/Screenwriters – August 2020.
- International Seminar: The Judiciary Power and the Prison System: Structural Issues and Necessary Changes – National Council of Justice, Brasilia (DF), Brazil - March 2020.
- Visit by the Evaluation Committee of the UNICEF Offices in New York to evaluate the "UNICEF Seal" and "PCU platform" Initiatives in Fortaleza (CE), Caxias (MA) and Brasilia (DF), Brazil – November 2019.
- 5th Brazilian Cooperative Researchers Meeting – SESCOOP / OCB System - October 2019.
- 9th "New Stories" Screenwriting Laboratory CineSESC/Senac - Grande Hotel Campos do Jordão (SP), Brazil - October 2019.
- UNHCR/Federal Government Regional Resettlement Round Table - Brasília, Brazil - September 2019.
- Presentation of the Sesc Pantanal Project to Ambassadors and Diplomatic Representatives - Fecomercio/Brasilia (DF), Brazil – September 2019.
- Visit of the Executive Director of the Stop TB + Initiative and Launch of the Incorporation of Pediatric Treatment for TB - Brazilian Ministry of Citizenship, Brasilia, Brazil - September 2019.
"Compliance in Latin America - The New Anti-Corruption Efforts in the Public and Private Sectors" Lecture given at the Federal Bar Association Offices in Brasilia, Brazil -September 2019.
- Comkids Festival: "An Academy for Children's Media and Story world Building" Sesc Bela Vista/São Paulo (SP), Brazil - September 2019.
- Course: Monitoring and Diagnosis of Water Quality at CETESB/SP (ANA/UNESCO) - São Paulo (SP), Brazil - September 2019.
- Regional Meeting (PWR Brazil, PAHO, WHO) - Brasilia, Brazil - August 2019.
- Workshop on the use of the DonorPerfect data management tool for the UNICEF IT Team - Brasilia, Brazil - August 2019.
- Visit by the Ethiopian Delegation - Ministry of Citizenship - Brasilia, Brazil - July 2019.
- Workshop for the Presentation of a Conceptual Framework Proposal for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning System (Maap) for the Brazilian Government Trilateral Cooperation Program – UNICEF - May 2019. - Visit of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Persons Affected by Leprosy and their Family Members to Brazil with the OHCHR -May 2019.
- Official Visit of the Government of Brasilia and the Board of the Nelson Mandela Children's Hospital (South Africa) to the Brasilia Children's Hospital - Brasilia, Brazil - April 2019.
- Mid-Term Strategic Reflection Retreat of the UNICEF Brazil Team - Brasilia (DF), Brazil - March 2019.
"The Legal Profession in the Era of Globalization" promoted by the Federal Council of the National Bar Association, Brasilia (DF), Brazil - March 2019.
- 7th Short-Film Festival of Brasilia at Cine Brasília - Brasilia (DF), Brazil - December 2018
- Visit by the Inter-American Human Rights Commission to Brazil - Salvador (BA), Brazil - November 2018;
- Meeting of the Brazil-Sweden High Level Group on Aeronautics (GAN) - Ministry of Industry and Development - Brasilia (DF), Brazil - November 2018;
- Institutional capacity-building meeting for the proper management of chemicals in Brazil - PAHO - Brasilia(DF), Brazil - October 2018;
- Business Cases: the UK Methodologies and Approach to Business Planning for Major Projects – Brasília (DF), Brazil - October 2018
- Roadmap Preparation Meeting for the Global Black Women's Summit - PAHO/WHO - Brasilia (DF), Brazil - July 2018;
- Global Workshop for Leadership in Innovation held at the National Transportation Confederation - CNT in partnership with Stanford University/MediaX - Brasilia (DF), Brazil - March 2018;
- Kick-off Meeting for the 8th World Water Forum - Brasilia, Brazil - June 2017;
- Meetings at the Brasilia (DF) UN Offices (IFAD; UNDP; WFP) in Brazil – 2018/2019;
- Internal meetings and public visits at the Civil House of the Federal District – Brasilia, Brazil - 2019.
Interpreter at informal events; book launches; dinners; tourist activities; field trips; multicultural meetings; and other situations where translation services are required.
ORIENTSE PRODUÇÕES January/2019-January/2020
● Overseeing the overall quality of the translation and simultaneous interpretation services provided by Orientse, a translation agency based in Brasília, Brazil;
● Communication with clients and representation of the agency in guaranteeing customer satisfaction.
· Lecturer at the I Critic and Exile Translation Seminar (Federal University of Goias – GOIAS – GO - JUNE, 2016)
· Lecturer at the II AFROLIC (Federal Rural University of Pernambuco – RECIFE – PE – AUGUST, 2016)
· Lecturer at the II Critic and Exile Translation Seminar (University of Brasilia – BRASILIA – FD JULY, 2017)
· Lecturer at the II Languages, Cultures and Literatures in Dialogue International Congress (University of Brasilia – BRASILIA – FD – JULY, 2018)
· 3rd Seminar of Contemporary Translation Studies (University of Brasilia – 2015)
· 1st Journey of Research in Translation Studies (University of Brasilia – 2015)
· 1st Journey of Research in Translation Terminology (University of Brasilia – 2015)
· 1st Regional Seminar of French Expression Research (SEMIFRA) (University of Brasilia – 2016)
· IX Cycle of Lectures “Translation in Context” (University of Brasilia – 2016)
· 210-hour course on Conference Interpreting and Translation (Online Course – BRASILIS, 2018)
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE
● Advanced knowledge in intermediating multicultural settings, as an experienced translator and interpreter.
● Great communication skills both in English and in Portuguese.
● Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
● Good team worker and willing to receive and incorporate feedback.
● Advanced knowledge in the drafting of documents according to international standards (UN protocols, Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
LANGUAGES: English (fluent-professional); Spanish (basic – B2); Portuguese (native)