Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Spanish (Universidad de Granada www.ugr.es) Spanish to English (Universidad de Granada) French to Spanish (Universidad de Granada) Italian to Spanish (Universidad de Granada) English to Spanish (Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Born and educated in Spain, I graduated in Translation and Interpreting from the University of Granada (Spain) in 2002.
During 2001, I enjoyed a six months placement contract as a translator in a Spanish localization company. There we translated software strings, online help and documentation (CRM, messaging, CAD, music production), user manuals (mobile phones, computers, consumer electronics), and hardware catalogues (servers, workstations, wireless devices, storage, peripherals).
Just after graduating, in July 2002, I moved to Cardiff, United Kingdom, where I worked as a full-time in-house translator for an international organization. There I learned Universal Spanish, since documents were aimed at all the Spanish-speaking world and the Spanish language services team included nationals from Argentina, Spain, Peru and Uruguay. The main focus of the organization being education, we translated a wide range of educational materials in a number of fields, both in Science/Technology and in Humanities.
In July 2005 I moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina, where I work as a freelance translator.
Fields of expertise:
- Education: pedagogy, curricula, assessment, conferences, e-learning, textbooks, international education, classroom management, interdisciplinary teaching and learning.
- Arts: painting, sculpture, art history, restoration.
- Health & Safety: ergonomics, instructions to handle toxic materials.
- IT & software: user manuals (software and mobile phones), websites, interfaces, online and printed help, packaging.
- Marketing: advertising, brochures, surveys.
- Medicine: doping usage (in athletes), care of patients with depression, care of patients with insomnia, treatment of eating disorders, prevention of alcoholism, care of patients with hip replacement.
- Legal (general): employment contracts, license and purchase agreements, powers of attorney, terms and conditions of website usage.
- Sports: football (soccer), basketball, judo, cycling, doping usage.
- Others: human resources, geography, history, tourism.
- May 2004: Sworn translator from English into Spanish and vice versa. Certified by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- June 2002: Degree (Licenciatura) in Translation and Interpreting by the University of Granada, Spain (www.ugr.es)
Spanish (Spain) mother tongue. Living in Argentina since July 2005.
Trados freelance 7.0 user. I am committed to high quality work and have a preference for long-term business relationships.
Keywords: Trados, translator, traductor, Spanish, español, English, inglés, education, educación, K-12, user manual, manual de usuario, software, CRM, websites, sitios web, sports, deportes, football, fútbol, soccer, basketball, baloncesto, judo, ciclismo, cycling, MTB, mountain bike, marketing, e-learning, PC, software, hardware, videojuegos, videogames, health, salud, consumer electronics, electrónica de consumo, IT, mobile phones, telefonía móvil, documentation, documentación, help, ayuda, case study, case studies, estudio de un caso, estudios de caso, time management, gestión del tiempo, administración del tiempo, utilización del tiempo, Ciudad Real, Granada, Cardiff, Buenos Aires, assessment, evaluación, international education, educación internacional, multiple intelligences, inteligencias múltiples, l10n, glosarios, glossaries, Castilian Spanish, European Spanish, Neutral Spanish, Microsoft glossaries, Logoport