The person shown here is a basic user of this site. He or she may be contacted directly for language-related services. |
English to Greek
Greek to English
| kapsalis |
Engish is all Greek to me!
Local time: 18:28 EET (GMT+2)
| Freelancer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Website localization, Software localization, Voiceover (dubbing), Subtitling, Training, Project management, Vendor management, Sales, Operations management|
|Computers: Hardware||Science (general)|
|Media / Multimedia||Internet, e-Commerce|
|IT (Information Technology)||Finance (general)|
|Economics||Computers: Systems, Networks|
|Also works in:|
|Psychology||Marketing / Market Research|
|Management||Investment / Securities|
|Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino||Cinema, Film, TV, Drama|
|Automation & Robotics|
| PRO-level points: 8, Questions answered: 4 |
|Years of translation experience: 18. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2004.|
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, DejaVu, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Frontpage, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Pagemaker, SDL TRADOS|
| CV/Resume (DOC)|
· English: Excellent level (Proficiency of Cambridge).
· 1993 – 1999 Computer Science Department, University of Crete, Greece.
· 1999 – 2001 M.Sc. in the fields of Computer Architecture as well as Computer Networks, awarded by the Computer Science Department, University of Crete, Greece.
· WEB pages translation (Master in Science in Computer Science, University of Crete, Computer Science department)
· Special Translation Fields: PC,Computers, IT, Networks, Multimedia, Telecomunications, European Programs, Legal, Copyright Law, Science, Economics, Advertisement, Arts, Literature, Tourism.
· Seven years of extensive experience in Translation of Technical Documents from English to Greek and from Greek to English.
· Experience in the composition of technical documents in English (Researcher in Foundation for Research and Technology – FORTH of Crete, as a member of the Institute of Computer Science.
· Supervising, Editing of Technical Documents as an Academic Supervisor of Post Graduate papers written by post graduate students of the Computer Science department, UoC, Greece.
· Presentation of Technical Papers during conferences and symposiums in English.
· Recent work: HP Manuals, TIM Technical reports, Cisco add. Translation of Theatrical Plays
· Composition, editing and proof-reading of technical manuals of products of ISD S.A. (see Work Experience below) in English.
· 2003 – Present: Kapatu Translation Department, Greece
· 2003 – Present: ABA Ermis Translations, Greece
· 2000 – Present: ISD (Integrated Systems Design) S.A. Athens, Greece Intergraded Circuit Designer – Project Manager
· Translation Throughput: 2000 words daily with proof reading, 2500 words without proof reading. Approximately 10000 to 12000 words per week.
· Please Contact for rates/prices as well as to receive translation sample.
· Translation tests are welcome (up to 200 words, part, not whole of a document)
Keywords: pc, computers, it, networks, multimedia, telecomunications, european, programs, legal, copyright, law, science, economics, advertisement, arts, literature, tourism, manuals, technical, database, web, page, internet, translation , greek, english, business, commerce, accounting, finance, management, cinema, film, tv, automation, robotics
Profile last updated
Nov 20, 2013