Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Source text - English Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man. And therefore, if a man write little, he had need have a great memory; if he confer little, he had need have a present wit; and if he read little, he had need have much cunning, to seem to know that he doth not.
Histories make men wise; poets witty; the mathematics subtle; natural philosophy deep; moral grave; logic and rhetoric able to contend. Abeunt studia in mores.
Translation - Chinese 常读书者胸有丘壑，常议论者辩才无碍，常著述者严谨不苟。故少著述则需博闻强记，少议论则需睿智机敏，少读书则需精于诡诈，如此，方能于无知处亦显渊博。
Source text - English It is a miserable state of mind, to have few things to desire, and many things to fear; and yet that commonly is the case of kings; who, being at the highest, want matter of desire, which makes their minds more languishing; and have many representations of perils and shadows, which makes their minds the less
clear. And this is one reason also, of that effect which the Scripture speaketh of, That the king's heart is inscrutable. For multitude of jealousies, and lack of some predominant desire, that should marshal and put in order all the rest, maketh any man's heart, hard to find or sound.
Translation - Chinese 欲少惧多，何其悲哉，惟帝王心境实多如此。帝王位极权高，再无所求，心智遂日趋凋萎，却又因时而身处险境，时而杯弓蛇影，故心灵不免常惹尘埃。无怪乎《圣经》有云：“帝王之心，难以揣测。”常怀诸般猜忌且无统领心绪之欲求，此人心之所以难解也。
Master's degree - University of Bristol, UK
Years of experience: 26. Registered at ProZ.com: May 2004.
English to Chinese (Chartered Institute of Linguists, verified) English to Chinese (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters, verified) Japanese to English (Japan Translation Federation Incorporated, verified) Chinese to English (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters, verified) Chinese to English (Chartered Institute of Linguists, verified)
· Full-time professional English-Chinese-Japanese translator
· Published translator
· Winner of international English-Chinese and Japanese-Chinese translation contests
· Accredited by Chartered IOL (UK) and NAATI (Australia) – English-Chinese/Chinese-English translator
· Accredited by JTF (Japan) – Japanese-English translator
· Member of ATA, Charted IOL and JAT
IT, healthcare, semi-medical, semi-legal, literature, business, media, and advertisement, etc.
· MCIL (Member, Chartered Institute of Linguists)
· MA in Translation with Distinction, School of Modern Languages, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
· BA (Hons), Department of Japanese Studies, National University of Singapore
· Specialist Diploma in Translation, Nanjin University, China
· JETRO Business Japanese Proficiency Test (level 1), Japan External Trade Organization
· Japanese Language Proficiency Test (level 1), The Japan Foundation and the Association of International Education, Japan
· Accredited by Japan Translator Federation (JTF) (Japanese-into-English)
· Accredited by Chartered IOL (Chinese-into-English; Chinese-into-English)
· Accredited by NAATI(English-into-Chinese; Chinese-into-English)
· Award of Merits, Casio Japanese>Chinese Translation Contest jointly organized by the Translators' Association of Shanghai and Shanghai Translation Publishing House
· Top winner of the 1st Casio English>Chinese Translation Contest jointly organized by the Translators' Association of Shanghai and Shanghai Translation Publishing House