Powwow: Tokyo - Japan

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Tokyo - Japan".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Richard MORT
Richard MORT  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:52
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Email update Mar 8, 2006

Hi everyone,

I just sent a more detailed email update about this event. I'd like to thank you for your interest and I really hope it's a big success!

Please see the longer message.
Thanks

Richard


 
Tadashi
Tadashi
Japan
Local time: 12:52
Japanese to English
+ ...
Location & time Apr 25, 2006

Could you give me more information on location and time for this event?

 
Cristina Escudero
Cristina Escudero
Spain
Local time: 05:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
where and when? May 11, 2006

It is only 3 days for the upcoming powwow, but i don´t have any info yet. Could anyone give me more information about the place and time?

 
Richard MORT
Richard MORT  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:52
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Apologies and new date May 11, 2006

Hi,
Please accept my apologies, I had to postpone the POW WOW event in Tokyo. Here is the message I sent:

Dear all,

I am very sorry for the lack of updates - due to the Golden Week national holiday I was delayed in negotiating with the restaurant and it has simply proved too difficult for a number of reasons.

BUT - I am determined to hold a successful event so I hope you will forgive me and understand if I postpone to June, which gives me more time to
... See more
Hi,
Please accept my apologies, I had to postpone the POW WOW event in Tokyo. Here is the message I sent:

Dear all,

I am very sorry for the lack of updates - due to the Golden Week national holiday I was delayed in negotiating with the restaurant and it has simply proved too difficult for a number of reasons.

BUT - I am determined to hold a successful event so I hope you will forgive me and understand if I postpone to June, which gives me more time to set up a good arrangement.

I would prefer to postpone and make a great event, rather than settle for now when things aren't perfect. I have held these events before, so I have a good idea of what is required.

I'd like you to please clear this date in your diary:

Sunday June 18th 2-5pm

And I will do the rest. I will promise to keep you all updated.

Also one more thing - I appreciate all of your interest but some of your profiles are very blank and I would like to know something about the people coming before I arrange the event.

So, with respect, I would like those who wish to come to:

1. Briefly introduce yourself and the work you do
2. Tell me any ideas/suggestions for the event
3. Let me know if you'd like to continue networking in Tokyo on a regular basis

Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. I am confident I can tell you the venue by the end of next week.

Thanks
Richard
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Tokyo - Japan






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »