Microsoft Keyboard bluetooth 7000 - key popped off, how to insert back
Thread poster: suemccartin
suemccartin
suemccartin
English
Feb 9, 2009

I had my bluetooth keyboard 7000 laying on my bed and my iguana crawled on it and popped one of the keys off the keyboard with his claw when I picked him up to chastise him. I've been playing with this and staring at it and I just cannot figure out how to get that key back on the keyboard, does anyone know the trick to these thin keyboards? I know how to get keys back onto a standard fat desktop keyboard but this is quite different and I just have not got a clue.

[Subject edited by sta
... See more
I had my bluetooth keyboard 7000 laying on my bed and my iguana crawled on it and popped one of the keys off the keyboard with his claw when I picked him up to chastise him. I've been playing with this and staring at it and I just cannot figure out how to get that key back on the keyboard, does anyone know the trick to these thin keyboards? I know how to get keys back onto a standard fat desktop keyboard but this is quite different and I just have not got a clue.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-02-09 21:39 GMT]
Collapse

RieM
RieM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:42
English to Japanese
+ ...
Does the key has "legs"? Feb 10, 2009

Hi,

If it has legs crossed, like those of a director chair, then it's the same as laptop keys. I don't own a wireless keyboard and so this may not apply...

Once I had one of my cats (not the one in the pic) successfully popped a key off with his claw. Luckily, it wasn't broken and I managed to put it back, by opening the legs, sliding one leg under the hook-like thing on the board and press it lightly to snap back. It seated OK. No, I did not declaw him....

... See more
Hi,

If it has legs crossed, like those of a director chair, then it's the same as laptop keys. I don't own a wireless keyboard and so this may not apply...

Once I had one of my cats (not the one in the pic) successfully popped a key off with his claw. Luckily, it wasn't broken and I managed to put it back, by opening the legs, sliding one leg under the hook-like thing on the board and press it lightly to snap back. It seated OK. No, I did not declaw him....

You might want to search for keywords like "keyboard cleaning" "wireless keyboard", etc.

Good luck
Rie
Collapse

suemccartin
suemccartin
English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it has the plastic legs that cross on it Feb 10, 2009

When he popped the key off there was the key and a transparent plastic piece, I put the transparent piece back on the key, now I'm kind of thinking I should not have. It has the little plastic membrane between the crossed "directors chair" legs. I'm thinking I need to pop that plastic piece off the key, put it on there somehow and then pop the key onto that, so far I can't get that little piece off the key, I'm terrified I'm going to break it. Yes, I had sort of figured out this may be like a... See more
When he popped the key off there was the key and a transparent plastic piece, I put the transparent piece back on the key, now I'm kind of thinking I should not have. It has the little plastic membrane between the crossed "directors chair" legs. I'm thinking I need to pop that plastic piece off the key, put it on there somehow and then pop the key onto that, so far I can't get that little piece off the key, I'm terrified I'm going to break it. Yes, I had sort of figured out this may be like a laptop but I haven't seen any pictures of this arrangement with any explainations of how to get it back on. Thanks for responding you gave me some ideas. More are welcome if anyone knows of some good pictures someplace. Thanks.Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:42
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have the iguana take it to the dealer Feb 10, 2009

It did it, it fixes it.

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
Responsible party Feb 10, 2009

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

It did it, it fixes it.

Yeah, works like a charm every time! Maybe "it" can ask the GEICO geiko for help.

Seriously, I fail to see why people allow their pets near a source of income. Would they take a pet to the office with them?

No "body" should be allowed near your computer.

Easiest way to get the key back on your laptop keyboard Jun 17, 2010

suemccartin wrote:

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-02-09 21:39 GMT]

You can use this video guide to solve your problem. In fact you will be able remove and attach all of your laptop keyboard keys after watching it. http://www.laptopkey.com/blog/?cat=19

I had the same problem couple of months ago and after doing some research I found this video and now I am really relaxed as if any of my key got any problem I took off and after cleaning i fixed them back on place. Good Luck to all !!!

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Not quite sure if this is helpful Jan 22, 2011

Seriously, I fail to see why people allow their pets near a source of income. Would they take a pet to the office with them?

As much as I agree with you, I cannot see how this contributes to the discussion. The Asker has a simple (or not, but quite clear for sure) question and this is certainly not helpful now, is it? Just a thought.

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
Your suggestion is... Jan 23, 2011

Michal Glowacki wrote:

As much as I agree with you, I cannot see how this contributes to the discussion. The Asker has a simple (or not, but quite clear for sure) question and this is certainly not helpful now, is it? Just a thought.

Two years have gone by and the asker has not updated this post. Since we do not know whether the problem got fixed, do you have any suggestions for solving it?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Are you sure... Jan 23, 2011

...this post was not a joke?

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Nope Jan 23, 2011

Two years have gone by and the asker has not updated this post. Since we do not know whether the problem got fixed, do you have any suggestions for solving it?

Nope, no idea.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Keyboard bluetooth 7000 - key popped off, how to insert back

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »