Problem related to the changes made by editors
Thread poster: Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
May 31, 2006

I have pressed the "Reverse pair” button in order to reverse the language pair for a question wrongly classified. Although I could see at the bottom of the page that the change had been recorded, the change didn’t seem to have taken effect. Thus, I reloaded the page. The result was that, according to the note at the bottom of the page, the pair was again reversed. I have pressed the "Reverse pair” button again and checked the question without being logged on and it seems OK now.
... See more
I have pressed the "Reverse pair” button in order to reverse the language pair for a question wrongly classified. Although I could see at the bottom of the page that the change had been recorded, the change didn’t seem to have taken effect. Thus, I reloaded the page. The result was that, according to the note at the bottom of the page, the pair was again reversed. I have pressed the "Reverse pair” button again and checked the question without being logged on and it seems OK now.

I think the fact that the change is not visible as soon as the "Reverse pair” button is pressed is somehow misleading. Am I the only one who had this kind of experience?

[Edited at 2006-05-31 15:45]
Collapse

Peter Shortall
Peter Shortall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
Same here, but... May 31, 2006

I've done that too a few times. It seems not to happen when, instead of refreshing the page, I press "Kudoz" at the top of the screen after pressing "Reverse pair" once. Then when I go back into the question from the list, I usually find it has worked (well it did last night, if I recall rightly!)

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:04
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hello Mihai May 31, 2006

In case it has happened to you earlier today, then it might be caused by some database problems; these problems should be fixed by now.

Natalia

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Database problems May 31, 2006

Peter Shortall wrote:

I've done that too a few times. It seems not to happen when, instead of refreshing the page, I press "Kudoz" at the top of the screen after pressing "Reverse pair" once. Then when I go back into the question from the list, I usually find it has worked (well it did last night, if I recall rightly!)

Thanks for the trick, Peter. I’ll use it next time, if needed.

Natalie wrote:

In case it has happened to you earlier today, then it might be caused by some database problems; these problems should be fixed by now.

Natalia

Thanks for the clarification, Natalia. Yes, it happened today. You are most probably right about the database problems. (Another strange and funny thing I experienced today was that, according to the Proz.com time, I answered a forum question two hours before the question had actually been asked ) See here .

I have tried again the “Reverse pair” button, on a private question, but the problem seems to persist. Anyway, it’s not big deal. I’ll use the method Peter has suggested if I encounter this issue again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem related to the changes made by editors

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »