话题中的页数:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you usually search your clients' pictures on the web just to see what they look like?
论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
日本
Local time: 07:58
正式会员 (自2011)
Japanese日语译成English英语
Curious or suspicious? Feb 23, 2012

It seems that we are either or both of the above if we want to see what our clients look like.

My pet bug is the increased anonymity with which we do business.
As translators our profiles have to be out there, generally with a mugshot, for all to see so that we can drum up business while our customers/clients provide precious little information about themselves - sometimes only their name and nothing else.

This leaves us all very open! ...
See more
It seems that we are either or both of the above if we want to see what our clients look like.

My pet bug is the increased anonymity with which we do business.
As translators our profiles have to be out there, generally with a mugshot, for all to see so that we can drum up business while our customers/clients provide precious little information about themselves - sometimes only their name and nothing else.

This leaves us all very open! :

Happy translating!

Edited typo

[Edited at 2012-02-23 01:56 GMT]
Collapse

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
美国
Local time: 15:58
正式会员 (自2003)
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
The thought never crossed my mind Feb 23, 2012

I can't imagine caring what they look like.

Cathy Przybylski
Cathy Przybylski  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:58
正式会员 (自2010)
German德语译成French法语
+ ...
sometimes Feb 23, 2012

to recognize the gender. Actually with some names I don't know if I will talk on the phone with a man or a woman.

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
德国
Local time: 00:58
正式会员 (自2006)
German德语译成English英语
Ditto Feb 23, 2012

Interlangue wrote:

... I go and pay them a visit instead

pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
English英语译成Italian意大利语
+ ...
Always Mar 1, 2012

I do it first thing to address the person I am writing to with the correct greeting.
And also to have some sort of "personal" insight on him/her, as there is no human contact involved when exchanging just emails and sometimes I get bored to work with machines!

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you usually search your clients' pictures on the web just to see what they look like?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »