How to change the organiser of a planned Powwow
Thread poster: Ben Hickman
Ben Hickman
Ben Hickman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 01:37
Dutch to English
Dec 9, 2004

Several weeks ago the organiser of the Powwow in Antwerp on December 11 (Stefan) had to abdicate for personal reasons. I have taken over the organisation of the Powwow, but am not authorised to make any changes to the list. How can I become the "official" organiser?

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:37
Georgian to English
+ ...
Antwerp pow-wow, Dec 11th. Dec 9, 2004

Ben Hickman wrote:

Several weeks ago the organiser of the Powwow in Antwerp on December 11 (Stefan) had to abdicate for personal reasons. I have taken over the organisation of the Powwow, but am not authorised to make any changes to the list. How can I become the "official" organiser?

Hello Ben,

as far as I know, you should submit a support request (I've seen Stefan's note). Is there anything particular that you need to change (as Organizer) on the Pow-wow announcement, before the Pow-wow, or is it just a matter of making a list of the members who attend, posting a report on the Pow-wow, afterwards, etc?

[Edited at 2004-12-09 18:39]

[Edited at 2004-12-09 19:08]

Ben Hickman
Ben Hickman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 01:37
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Support request? Dec 9, 2004

Hello Giuli,

Thank you for your response. I wasn't aware of the support request option. I simply sent an e-mail to Henry requesting the change. I sent it a week ago, but I imagine he is inundated with mail, and this one wasn't particularly important anyway. I simply felt that the Powwow should show the correct time and that people should know that they should contact me if they decide at the last minute to attend. There are currently 11 of us going, and I have made reservations incl
... See more
Hello Giuli,

Thank you for your response. I wasn't aware of the support request option. I simply sent an e-mail to Henry requesting the change. I sent it a week ago, but I imagine he is inundated with mail, and this one wasn't particularly important anyway. I simply felt that the Powwow should show the correct time and that people should know that they should contact me if they decide at the last minute to attend. There are currently 11 of us going, and I have made reservations including menu choices, which I arranged with the attendees directly via e-mail. Perhaps I will simply post another message in the thread to this effect. It's just unfortunate that the Powwow message thread seems to be organised so poorly. Again, I appreciate your response.
Collapse

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:37
Georgian to English
+ ...
Good idea to put the time (and maybe place) at the top Dec 9, 2004

(I'll see what I can do to attract attention).

For future use, the best way to make support requests is via the Main menu (at the top) =- 'support'(righthand corner) and working through the options (although in this case it would be 'support request, other':-)).

Best wishes for the Pow-wow

[Edited at 2004-12-09 22:52]

later:
Ben's now the official organizer

[Edited at 2004-12-09 23:50]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to change the organiser of a planned Powwow

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »