Thread poster: Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:01
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jun 6, 2002

I have just moved to live in Spain, and since I have had to unsuscribe from AOL UK, I changed my E mail account to Hotmail.

What a nightmare! Talk about slow.

Can anyone suggest a fast, reliable E mail service, which also alerts you when mail comes in?

I am getting ADSL, I am just waiting for the modem and software from Telefonica.......3 weeks......................Still waiting!

Thanks in advance.

... See more
I have just moved to live in Spain, and since I have had to unsuscribe from AOL UK, I changed my E mail account to Hotmail.

What a nightmare! Talk about slow.

Can anyone suggest a fast, reliable E mail service, which also alerts you when mail comes in?

I am getting ADSL, I am just waiting for the modem and software from Telefonica.......3 weeks......................Still waiting!

Thanks in advance.

Dave Greatrix.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-06-07 05:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-06-07 09:03 ]
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
If you're putting in ADSL that should be no problem Jun 7, 2002

(Recommended because otherwise the lines are really slow). You\'re given a free account by your service provider. You could probably survey a few options in that area.

Patricia Myers
Patricia Myers
United States
Local time: 08:01
English to Catalan
+ ...
outlook Jun 7, 2002

You can check your e-mail account at Hotmail from Microsoft Outlook. You only have to add Hotmail to your Outlook preferences. I never had a \"Spanish e-mail\" when I lived in Spain. Internet tends to be quite slow there. Maybe you could try Wannado, Terra or Eres Más. I had a free Internet account with Eres Mas and it worked great. I don\'t recommend Infovia or any of the Telefónica services they are too slow!

Good luck

[ This Me
... See more
You can check your e-mail account at Hotmail from Microsoft Outlook. You only have to add Hotmail to your Outlook preferences. I never had a \"Spanish e-mail\" when I lived in Spain. Internet tends to be quite slow there. Maybe you could try Wannado, Terra or Eres Más. I had a free Internet account with Eres Mas and it worked great. I don\'t recommend Infovia or any of the Telefónica services they are too slow!

Good luck

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-06-07 00:14 ]
Collapse

Mads Grøftehauge
Mads Grøftehauge  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
junglemate Jun 7, 2002

My favourite WEBmail so far (tried Hotmail and YahooMail - both stink.) is Junglemate.

It has pretty good integration with your regular email client such as Outlook2000: you can import your contacs and easily collect POP3-mail from several regular accounts. If you just set it up to leave the mail on the server, you can still get the same messages onto you hard drive when you get home.

Also, Junglemate gives you a calendar and other office management too
... See more
My favourite WEBmail so far (tried Hotmail and YahooMail - both stink.) is Junglemate.

It has pretty good integration with your regular email client such as Outlook2000: you can import your contacs and easily collect POP3-mail from several regular accounts. If you just set it up to leave the mail on the server, you can still get the same messages onto you hard drive when you get home.

Also, Junglemate gives you a calendar and other office management tools. Oh, and there are no ads, it\'s built to advertise it\'s makers, Norada.

The only downside is that you only get 3MB of space for email and 3MB for files.

See www.junglemate.com

Collapse

Erika Pavelka (X)
Erika Pavelka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:01
French to English
Anything but Hotmail Jun 7, 2002

Dear David,

Hotmail is fine temporarily, but doesn\'t project a professional business image. Ask some colleagues in Spain about the best ISP (if Telefonica is supplying your ASDL, won\'t they be your ISP?)

Erika

Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:01
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Erika and the rest. Jun 7, 2002

Yes, I have learned today that Telefonica do supply an E mail address as part of the ADSL kit..........when I get it. Hotmail was only intended as a temporary measure. I am short on grey hair and want to keep it that way!!

I will take a look at Jungle in the meantime. Thank you all.

Dave

Holger Gremminger
Holger Gremminger
German to Swedish
+ ...
Try GMX Jun 27, 2002

It is a great mail-service with POP3, SMTP _AND_ webmail.

I have my account there since 1997. Never had a problem ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the best E Mail service?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »