Thread poster: flaggthecat
flaggthecat
flaggthecat
Local time: 10:46
German to English
+ ...
Jan 31, 2011

Hi all,

Hopefully someone familiar with Across can help me with a problem I've encountered. I have the standalone freelance translator edition of Across, and I work in crossWAN mode--i.e., rather than using the server, my agency sends me CWUs through an FTP server. Recently, I finished a project and created a CRU (Client Response Unit) to deliver it by email. The translation agency said they were unable to import this CRU, and they asked me to make another one. Unfortunately, I have
... See more
Hi all,

Hopefully someone familiar with Across can help me with a problem I've encountered. I have the standalone freelance translator edition of Across, and I work in crossWAN mode--i.e., rather than using the server, my agency sends me CWUs through an FTP server. Recently, I finished a project and created a CRU (Client Response Unit) to deliver it by email. The translation agency said they were unable to import this CRU, and they asked me to make another one. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do this.

The only way I know how to create a CRU is to use the Deliver Tasks Wizard. The different documents in the task all appear with check boxes next to them; I click them and it craeates the CRU. Once I've done this, the task disappears from the My Task module, and I don't know how to find it agian. I'm sure the data is still there, but once I make a CRU, I don't know how to open that project again and make another CRU.

Does anyone know how I could do this?
Collapse

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:46
German to Croatian
+ ...
Contact Across support Jan 31, 2011

[email protected]
Perhaps they can help you to solve the problem.

Your translation is somewhere in the CrossTank.
You can ask the agency to resend you the original file for translation, and then pretranslate it.

AAV
AAV
Local time: 22:46
Enable 'show finished tasks' in Delivery wizard Feb 15, 2011

Try following:
- File -> Deliver tasks (deliver tasks wizard opens);
- choose "create CRU file for manually import ...";
- select folder and file name where to save your CRU file;
- on step "pick up tasks" enable checkbox "show also finished tasks", your task should appear in the listbox. Mark it with the checkbox and go on with the wizard.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with importing CRU in Across Language Server

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »