SDL WorldServer 2011 Review
Thread poster: ichibanmike
ichibanmike
Local time: 12:45
Japanese to English
Oct 13, 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know where one might find a review of SDL WorldServer 2011 translation management system? We are now considering switching from Teamworks 2008 to WorldServer for our translation management system and I was wondering what the differences were and which one might be best.

I was told by SDL salespeople that SDL WorldServer 2011 is not compatible with SDL Multiterm 2007 terminology management system. I think they also said that WorldServer has its own terminology management system, but I have no idea how good that is. We translate from Japanese to English, and few TMS systems handle that well.

Thanks for any information you might be able to give.

Mike

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:45
English to French
+ ...
Where do you want me to start? Oct 13, 2011

We just migrated from TeamWorks 2008 to WorldServer 10 (which is what you call 2011 I believe - in any case, we've got the most recent version), it's been a stressful process, but I would never - and I mean it - never, ever go back to using TeamWorks. Ever.

If you want to know more, please contact me via my profile and I will be happy to share insider information on our migration

[Edited at 2011-10-13 16:36 GMT]

ichibanmike
Local time: 12:45
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL WorldServer 2011 sounds good Oct 14, 2011

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the information! It took us a looong time to customize Teamworks (back then Teamworks 2006). Mainly this just involved customizing the workflows.

Thanks again,

Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL WorldServer 2011 Review

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search