help and advice needed.
Thread poster: Luke Mersh

Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:40
Spanish to English
Oct 8, 2013

Hello everybody.
I am looking for some advice please.
Having got my results back for my DPSI exam, I am having to re-take the oral consec/ simultaneous exam again, but with nobody to practice with what is the best way to practice this by ones self- any advice appreciated.


 

Diana Kozenitzky Andrés  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
in my opinion Oct 9, 2013

...the best way to practise simultaneous interpreting is going to YouTube and shadowing the video, any short video.
or sight translating, even translating can be helpful.
I do consecutive interpretation over the pone for a company and that is the only way I know practise!icon_smile.gif

Hope I helped at least a Little bit, and maybe a Little late tooicon_frown.gif


 

Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:40
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
reply Oct 10, 2013

never too lateicon_smile.gif

I found a website via a forum called speechpool.net

very good website.


 

mjbjosh
Local time: 04:40
English to Latvian
+ ...
Tips Oct 21, 2013

I don't know your background, you may have access to the Speech Repository of the EC to practise simul speeches. For consec (again, I don't know what you are required to do there) you may want to train your note taking.

 

Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:40
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
help and advice needed Oct 22, 2013

mjbjosh wrote:

I don't know your background, you may have access to the Speech Repository of the EC to practise simul speeches. For consec (again, I don't know what you are required to do there) you may want to train your note taking.


I need medical speeches- I dont think that the EC have that??


 

mjbjosh
Local time: 04:40
English to Latvian
+ ...
Medical? Oct 22, 2013

luke mersh wrote:

mjbjosh wrote:

I don't know your background, you may have access to the Speech Repository of the EC to practise simul speeches. For consec (again, I don't know what you are required to do there) you may want to train your note taking.


I need medical speeches- I dont think that the EC have that??


What source language? I will look into it, but most certainly I can't give you access to the site if you don't already have it. Like I said, if you study at a recognized university, you should have the access credentials. I know i did when i studied.


 

Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:40
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
help and advice needed Oct 23, 2013

mjbjosh wrote:

luke mersh wrote:

mjbjosh wrote:

I don't know your background, you may have access to the Speech Repository of the EC to practise simul speeches. For consec (again, I don't know what you are required to do there) you may want to train your note taking.


I need medical speeches- I dont think that the EC have that??


What source language? I will look into it, but most certainly I can't give you access to the site if you don't already have it. Like I said, if you study at a recognized university, you should have the access credentials. I know i did when i studied.


thank you for replying.
my source language is English and Target language is Spanish.
I have already completed a course and am preparing to re-sit some parts of the exam i didnt pass.
in particular the oral part( consec and whispered(simultaneous) interpreting)


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help and advice needed.

Advanced search







WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search