Off topic: 4311 + 32 = 4331(?) A mean-spirited question concerning that funny KudoZ ask & answer game
Thread poster: Ol_Besh
Ol_Besh
Ol_Besh  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:26
German to Ukrainian
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 24, 2005

Hi, all!

Having 4311 KudoZ on the credit side, yesterday I got 8 messages in my mailbox, stating that there are 8 x 4 = 32 KudoZ earned in the course of the day.

From previous forum postings I know that the newly earned KudoZ points are entered in the account as early as on the next day.
But today there were only 4331 points found - instead of 4343.

And it is not for the first time, as I've already noticed previously.

Is it an ordinary pr
... See more
Hi, all!

Having 4311 KudoZ on the credit side, yesterday I got 8 messages in my mailbox, stating that there are 8 x 4 = 32 KudoZ earned in the course of the day.

From previous forum postings I know that the newly earned KudoZ points are entered in the account as early as on the next day.
But today there were only 4331 points found - instead of 4343.

And it is not for the first time, as I've already noticed previously.

Is it an ordinary program bug - or something else? And gui bono?

Of course, it is not a matter of life and death, I only want to clear up the mess.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:26
SITE FOUNDER
Points are brought up to date once daily. Point totals can drop. Jun 24, 2005

I have not checked the specifics of your case, but the way the system works is this: points are brought up to date once daily, through a process of counting all previously earned points. Counting all points once daily prevents cumulative errors from building up, so even if there were a mistake one day, it would be corrected the next.

It is possible for select point totals (overall, PRO, by field or by period) to go down. Factors that could cause this:

- A question for w
... See more
I have not checked the specifics of your case, but the way the system works is this: points are brought up to date once daily, through a process of counting all previously earned points. Counting all points once daily prevents cumulative errors from building up, so even if there were a mistake one day, it would be corrected the next.

It is possible for select point totals (overall, PRO, by field or by period) to go down. Factors that could cause this:

- A question for which you earned points was squashed or ungraded
- A PRO question for which you earned points was reclassified as non-PRO (thereby decreasing your PRO total and increasing your non-PRO total)
- A question for which you have earned points is reclassified in another field of expertise (raising your total in one field and decreasing it in another)
- Time passes (potentially causing your point total over the last three months to drop)

If you are wondering specifically about the 8 answers for which you earned points yesterday, you can check your profile answering history. Each should be shown with the points you have earned.
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:26
English to Arabic
+ ...
Have you tried "Update points totals now"? Jun 24, 2005

HI!

As a Platinum member, you should be able to goto your Kudoz points summary page, and click on "Update points totals now". Have you tried that?

Nesrin

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 15:26
German to Romanian
+ ...
Could it be you didn't get 4 points on all the questions? Jun 24, 2005

just wondering

Ol_Besh
German to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
I got it: PRO & non-PRO! Jun 24, 2005

Henry wrote:

It is possible for select point totals (overall, PRO, by field or by period) to go down.

Now I got it: PRO & non-PRO!

Thanks a lot, Henry, for your clarification.
And also for the possibility to take part in such a splendid play!

Ol_Besh
German to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
A great feature, too! Jun 24, 2005

Nesrin wrote:

HI!

As a Platinum member, you should be able to goto your Kudoz points summary page, and click on "Update points totals now". Have you tried that?

Nesrin

Hi, Nesrin!

I dodn't catch sight of this feature before.
It works very good!

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

4311 + 32 = 4331(?) A mean-spirited question concerning that funny KudoZ ask & answer game

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »