Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 21:41
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 27, 2011

Dear MemoQ experts,

I'm just to export my first project where I imported several files using the "Add folder structure" feature. I'm done with the translation, but I'm having problems exporting.

I normally use the "Export (stored path)" option, to produce Trados-compatible ttx files for my client, and this works fine all the time.

This time I'm stuck. I tried to change the export path rules, but then I restored the default rules for both files and folders.

Whether I want to export individual files or all the files together, I keep receiving the following message:

"There are invalid target paths or some targets will clash. The process cannot continue."

How can I export my project?

thank you,
Csaba

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check the export path in the project Sep 28, 2011

I reckon you could have a look at the "Change export path" command in your project. Select all files in your project and click "Change export path". You will see a list with the original path for each of the file along with the current export path, which is probably corrupted.

Try to rebuild the export path with the placeholders you can see in the list. Double-click to add them to the "Rule" box. In theory, the following should save each file in its original location (I have replaced the lower-than and greater-than caracters with brackets just to be able to write this, ):

[OrigPathAbs]\[OrigFileNameExt]

If you wanted to make a separate set of files without overwriting the original ones, you could try this:

[OrigPathAbs]\[TrgLangIso3]\[OrigFileNameExt]

This should create a separate folder with the target language code (three letters) in each of the folders of your project, so you should get to keep your originals but will have another subfolder in each of the folders of the structure for the translated files.

Well, just fiddle around with the parameters and see what could work best for you.

Once you have defined a new export path, you can click the "Test" button to see the resulting path in the box at the bottom (you might have to expand the column a bit to see the full paths of each file). memoQ also reports whether the paths are valid or not. See whether this is where you want the files and, if so, click "Apply". After this, the export should work just fine.

I hope this helps as a starting point!

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
magic! Sep 28, 2011

Dear Tomás,

Your hint worked its magic!!! Thank you!!

kind regards from sunny Budapesticon_smile.gif
Csaba

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great Sep 28, 2011

I am glad it worked! Good luck!

Ehsan Karimi
Iran
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Thanks Aug 8, 2014

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

I am glad it worked! Good luck!

Thank you so much! I had the same problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

export folder structure problem

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search