Off topic: Help with research about Generation Y
Thread poster: Language & Culture Worldwide
LCW is conducting research about Generation Y (those born 1980-present day) and what they value in the workplace.
Unfortunately, the majority of the information our company has found tends to be very U.S. focused. There is very little information about this generation globally, and we are looking for:
-- country-specific information about what matters to Gen Y in different parts of the world
-- information and data to show how Gen Y culture (characteristics, behavior and values) are uniquely different due to the impact that their broader/national/regional cultures have had on them
1. With that said, have you come across any research (in English and in your home country/current country of residence) that describes or analyzes Generation Y workplace values and how they compare to older generations?
In addition, if you are a "member" of Gen Y (you were born in the year 1980 or later), would you be interested in answering the following 5 questions? We would love some first-hand thoughts for this study:
1. If you had to pick the top 3 things that matter to you most at work, what would they be?
2. What characteristic do you value most in your boss?
3. What can your manager do to make you feel most engaged?
4. What do you need most to help you do your best work?
5. Name one thing that your manager does that disengages you (drives you crazy)?
6. What is your gender and job/industry/country?
Also, we would immensely appreciate it if you could pass these questions on to any Gen Y colleagues that qualify (non-US natives, members of Generation Y, work alongside non-US coworkers/colleagues).
Please email any responses directly to Oana Amaria at Oana@LCWmail.com. Thank you in advance. We truly appreciate any help you can lend!
Director of Translation Services
Language & Culture Worldwide, LLC
| || || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
Help with research about Generation Y
|Protemos translation business management system |
|Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!|
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
More info »
|memoQ translator pro|
|Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.|
With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.
More info »