serious hosting problems - i.e. not working
Thread poster: Florian Willer
Florian Willer
Florian Willer  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:54
Member (2006)
English to German
Jun 12, 2006

i have registered for proz hosting about 2 weeks ago after the berlin conference, uploaded a temporary site, but nothing happened after that. there were no error messages at all, but the site still says it has not been created yet. i thought i will give it a few days for dns and other data to progagate, but still no results. the domain has been registered, but unfortunately that is the only progress i can tell so far.

no access possible via cpanel or ftp, tried requesting a new pass
... See more
i have registered for proz hosting about 2 weeks ago after the berlin conference, uploaded a temporary site, but nothing happened after that. there were no error messages at all, but the site still says it has not been created yet. i thought i will give it a few days for dns and other data to progagate, but still no results. the domain has been registered, but unfortunately that is the only progress i can tell so far.

no access possible via cpanel or ftp, tried requesting a new password w/o results. as far as i can tell all information provided is correct.

i hope this will not go the way of my verified id...been waiting for that for ages. henry tried personally in berlin, but no results even then...

furthermore, i was expecting to receive advanced hosting, see ads on the site. what happended to that?

btw, the site is www.fwiller.com

i hope someone here can help me...

kind regards and thanks in advance,
florian willer
Collapse

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 23:54
English
There appears to be a bug in the SiteCreator Jun 12, 2006

Hi Florian!

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with the SiteCreator, I am looking into the problem.

I was also unable to successfully export your site using the 'Publish' function.

I will post back here when I figure out what the problem seems to be.

Best Regards,
Justin

Dwayne Maye
Dwayne Maye
United States
Local time: 23:54
English to English Middle (ca.1100-1500)
Issue resolved Jun 13, 2006

Hello Florian,

I exported your site and you should be all set to do it on your own now. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Dwayne Maye

Florian Willer
Florian Willer  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:54
Member (2006)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
issue only partly resolved Jun 14, 2006

hi all,

thanks for your quick actions. the site is working now, but i still cannot log in, neither cpanel nor ftp. tried resetting the password, but never got a mail. all i want is ftp access really...

any news why it seems impossible to verify my id?

thanks.

kind regards,
florian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

serious hosting problems - i.e. not working

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »