Thread poster: Marie-Céline GEORG

Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:20
English to French
+ ...
Jun 27, 2008

Hi,
I'm not using the GlossPost search very frequently but usually it works very well. Today I'm trying to find useful glossaries in the automotive field, but I get all kinds of answers although I've specified a detailed field - it doesn't even appear in most results which are related to sailing, medecine, insurance or photography and if I tick the "Strict" box I get exactly the same results. It's the same with a keyword search, most answers don't have anything to do with the keyword!

Is this a bug? I tried with different browsers (Opera & IE) but the results are quite the same.
Should I submit a support ticket? I don't remember seeing that behavior before.

Thanks for your suggestions
Marie-Céline

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 01:20
SITE STAFF
Can you detail the search criteria you are using in a support request? Jun 27, 2008

Hello Marie-Céline,

Yes, if you can submit a support request detailing the search criteria, or, even better, with a screenshot of the search criteria you are using, this will help in looking into what the problem may be. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jared

Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:20
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support request submitted Jun 27, 2008

Hi Jared,

Thanks a lot for your answer, I submitted a support request with screenshots.

BR
Marie-Céline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GlossPost search problem

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search