Problems setting specific fields of expertise
Thread poster: Wenke Geddert

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:04
English to German
+ ...
Mar 18, 2004

The new default view of questions in the user's specific fields of expertise is a great idea and really useful.

However, I seem to experience a problem in setting up my specific fields (and have had this problem for quite a while - although at the time not deemed to be too relevant).

I use MS Office 98 with Internet Explorer 6.0.28. When I try and set my specific fields, the left hand column with general fields is clearly visible and shows a tick list. The right hand colum with specific fields shows the topics but without a ticklist. If I am lucky, the tick list appears but is not aligned, i.e. it seems to start right at the top of the screen and finishes somewhere in the middle.

As such I am unable to set / amend my settings. Could you advise please.

With thanks.

Wenke

Jason Grimes
Local time: 15:04
SITE STAFF
Please forward a screenshot of the problem Mar 19, 2004

Wenke Geddert wrote:

. . . When I try and set my specific fields, the left hand column with general fields is clearly visible and shows a tick list. The right hand colum with specific fields shows the topics but without a ticklist. If I am lucky, the tick list appears but is not aligned, i.e. it seems to start right at the top of the screen and finishes somewhere in the middle.

Dear Wenke,

Please forward a screenshot of this problem to support@proz.com, and I will try to resolve it.

Regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Local time: 15:04
SITE STAFF
Try the new settings page Mar 25, 2004

Dear Wenke,

A new fields of expertise settings page has been released. Please try again using the new page, and let me know if you continue to have problems. The page is here:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=settings_disciplines

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason

Wenke Geddert  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:04
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, great new design Mar 26, 2004

Jason

Thanks for your prompt assistance. I was particularly impressed about the regular progress updates. The new design is very user friendly and looks great.

Thanks again.

Wenke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems setting specific fields of expertise

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search