Encoding problems
Thread poster: Zach Gehret
Zach Gehret
Zach Gehret
English to Spanish
Apr 25, 2005

Hi,

I'm doing some research. Are there encoding problems between Spanish and English? I know they're part of the same character set.

Thanks,

Zach

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:25
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Zach Apr 25, 2005

Could you be more specific, please? Are you speaking about viewing Internet pages (which browser?) or about some CAT tools (which?) or about something else?

Zach Gehret
Zach Gehret
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
web page design. Apr 25, 2005

The problems I was think of would be related to web page design.

Thanks,

Zach

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 00:25
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
same problem Apr 28, 2005

Natalie,
I suspect this is the same problem I reported. Encoding. In my case it is still switching to Western Europ. (ISO) after every refresh//
It is frustrating and un-efficient.

Natalie wrote:

Could you be more specific, please? Are you speaking about viewing Internet pages (which browser?) or about some CAT tools (which?) or about something else?

pike
pike  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 07:25
Member (2004)
English to Croatian
+ ...
No diacritics Apr 28, 2005

Hi... just a quick note to say I can't get certain diacritics in KUDOZ questions (æ)... it is irritating and it also means that the asker might not be able to get the exact answer...
Please see http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1015349

Best regards,
Tvrtko Štuka

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Encoding problems

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »