Thread poster: Kornelia Longoria
Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:59
French to German
+ ...
A quite clear option... Feb 7, 2010

is the one suggested by Roel: get a TenT written in Java language and forget about the rest!

Henry Zhang
Henry Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
using Parallels or VMware Fusions, no need to reboot Feb 7, 2010

Tom in London wrote:

Henry Zhang wrote:

You can choose Windows OS as your default system, or each time when you boot your Mac, press Alt key, you can choose either Snow Leopard or Windows OS.

True Henry, but the big difference with Parallels Desktop (see my previous post above) is that (a) you don't need to reboot and b) you can run both systems at the same time.

The advantages are obvious !

Yes Tom. I admit using Parallels Desktop is more convenient if your RAM is more than 2GB.

Anne Brose
Anne Brose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Painfully slow Apr 13, 2010

I keep looking for the Trados Mac version. I've tried all possibilities: BootCamp (it's free), paid for Parallels Desktop, nothing compares to actually working on an application in the environment it was intended for. I keep hoping that with the increased sales of Mac, the Trados development team will decide it's a good investment. I have a MacBook with and intel core-duo processor, lot's of RAM and HD space and it's still painfully slow.

Ray Hunt
Ray Hunt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:59
Japanese to English
+ ...
Why Not mac native? Apr 29, 2010

Emulators are nice but there is nothing like a "mac native" program... Trados? are you listening? Are you there? They say that it is fairly easy to use... Xcode?

here is a link for those who need to know.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/developers/

Again Windows works for well in most situations but when it needs to and doesn't... that slows production.
Are there
... See more
Emulators are nice but there is nothing like a "mac native" program... Trados? are you listening? Are you there? They say that it is fairly easy to use... Xcode?

here is a link for those who need to know.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/developers/

Again Windows works for well in most situations but when it needs to and doesn't... that slows production.
Are there only 3 of us who use macs?
Collapse

Joel Earnest
Joel Earnest
Local time: 18:59
Swedish to English
Life is much simpler running PC programs on PCs Apr 29, 2010

I was dragged--pretty much kicking and screaming--into Windows 95. The transistion was really quite easy due to how much of Windows was copied from Apple (who had earlier copied from Xerox PARC, see below).

I'm not trying to start a Mac vs PC war, I just want to point out that the operating systems aren't all that different and it's no big deal to switch. Especially if you're going to be spending the majority of your days in Studio anyway.

Collapse

David Jessop
David Jessop  Identity Verified
Laos
Spanish to English
+ ...
Tech specs Dec 22, 2010

anniebro wrote:

I keep looking for the Trados Mac version. I've tried all possibilities: BootCamp (it's free), paid for Parallels Desktop, nothing compares to actually working on an application in the environment it was intended for. I keep hoping that with the increased sales of Mac, the Trados development team will decide it's a good investment. I have a MacBook with and intel core-duo processor, lot's of RAM and HD space and it's still painfully slow.

Hi Annie,

I am thinking of buying a MacBook but would need Studio and Trados 2007 to run well. I am wondering when you bought your Mac and its tech specs: RAM, processor speed, OS version, etc. Thanks!

David

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and Mac

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »