Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:04
English to French
+ ...
Aug 13, 2012

Dear fellow translators,

I am using Studio 2009 and have been going through hell. Once again, Studio refuses to create the target file for an INX file. The file is NOT large - the original file weighs 1473 KB. I would rather not get into the specifics of what is wrong, what I have tried to fix the problem, etc. Suffice to say I have tried everything suggested by SDL on their site, by colleagues here and elsewhere on the Web. I am totally out of options.

What I would lik
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

I am using Studio 2009 and have been going through hell. Once again, Studio refuses to create the target file for an INX file. The file is NOT large - the original file weighs 1473 KB. I would rather not get into the specifics of what is wrong, what I have tried to fix the problem, etc. Suffice to say I have tried everything suggested by SDL on their site, by colleagues here and elsewhere on the Web. I am totally out of options.

What I would like to ask is if a kind colleague who has an SDL product that can handle SDLxliff files and produce a clean target INX file would happen to have a few minutes to kindly create the target file for me. The project is late because of this problem as well as other SDL-related problems and my client would be hard pressed to tell his client that we are delivering late because we are using unreliable software. I have spent all week-end working overtime on trying to fix this (uninstalling stuff, reinstalling stuff, messing with Java, messing with .NET, messing with msconfig, etc., only to end up with a computer that is now much slower and unstable) and I of course have not been able to produce any material while I was at it. We simply cannot afford to waste any more time trying to fix this only to end up, as usual in the case of SDL products, with nothing to go on with.

Please, write back if you think you can help.

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! Need to create target file in Studio

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »