Add an entry in Multiterm from Trados 2011
Thread poster: lea_bc
lea_bc
lea_bc
Local time: 03:13
English to French
Sep 23, 2013

Hi everyone,

I am just getting started with multiterm and I have figured out how to create and modify a termbase in Multiterm 2011, but I am trying to figure out a way to add new entry in my termbase as I am working in Studio 2011. There must be a way, it is probably easy, but I can't find it.

Can anyone help with that?

Thanks!

Maria Tulbure
Maria Tulbure  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:13
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Easy! Sep 23, 2013

If you want to add a new entry from the project you are working, you have to do as follows: Mark the two terms you want to add to the termbase, click right on one of them, then click on 'Add new term', then save the new entry.

If you want to add new entries in a termbase without having opened any project, you'll have to open the termbase from MultiTerm and use the buttons there in order to add new entries manually.

lea_bc
lea_bc
Local time: 03:13
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 25, 2013

Thanks you very much. Way too easy

Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:13
German to English
+ ...
It gets better ... Sep 26, 2013

I too have just discovered how useful this trick can be (after working with memoQ, incidentally)

As Maria said, highlight the respective terms in source and target text and simply add the term.

You can save time by simply using the keyboard combination CTRL + F2.

If you are using more than one termbase, the term is automatically added to whichever is set as default for the project.

Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:13
German to English
+ ...
It gets worse ... Sep 26, 2013

I've just realised that the system doesn't work as well as it should. While just translating a document I added a number of terms as I went along. It seemed to work fine within the document. Until, at the end, I decide I wanted to change one of the terms.

I opened Multiterm and the corresponding TB ... the term was not there. I tried to add the corrected version of the term ... was told it was not possible as the entry was locked.

After closing and restarting both Studi
... See more
I've just realised that the system doesn't work as well as it should. While just translating a document I added a number of terms as I went along. It seemed to work fine within the document. Until, at the end, I decide I wanted to change one of the terms.

I opened Multiterm and the corresponding TB ... the term was not there. I tried to add the corrected version of the term ... was told it was not possible as the entry was locked.

After closing and restarting both Studio and Multiterm, I managed to amend my errant term. But when start on the second document in the project, I quickly noticed that some of the terms I had added from the first document were no longer there. There is obviously some kind of interoperability issue between Studio and Multiterm....
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add an entry in Multiterm from Trados 2011

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »