Can't deactivate or activate on license server
Thread poster: Steve Kerry
Steve Kerry
Steve Kerry  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:33
German to English
Dec 14, 2013

Studio 2011. Moving to a bigger hard drive, tried to de-activate in the normal way, it didn't work, no response from server. Got an offline deactivation code. Wouldn't work. Installed new drive, de-activation code still wouldn't work. Site shows licence available. Was supposed to have a second license anyway (freelance version), i.e. 2 licences available. Activation code didn't work on new installation either. Is the server for 2011 dead, or am I missing something here? I have done this in the ... See more
Studio 2011. Moving to a bigger hard drive, tried to de-activate in the normal way, it didn't work, no response from server. Got an offline deactivation code. Wouldn't work. Installed new drive, de-activation code still wouldn't work. Site shows licence available. Was supposed to have a second license anyway (freelance version), i.e. 2 licences available. Activation code didn't work on new installation either. Is the server for 2011 dead, or am I missing something here? I have done this in the past with no problems at all. Extremely annoying.

Steve K.
Collapse

Tomasz Poplawski
Tomasz Poplawski  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:33
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
We have the same problem Dec 14, 2013

Yes, the server has been dead for 7+ hrs now. See my thread.
No customer service, no tech support, get in line, some time after Christmas you may get a response.
Good luck, we both need it

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:33
English
I’ll join that line! Dec 14, 2013

Hi,

There does seem to be a problem affecting access to not only the licensing server at the moment. I’m sure the IT team will be working on this and will restore service as soon as they can.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Paul

Steve Kerry
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 15, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Hi,

There does seem to be a problem affecting access to not only the licensing server at the moment. I’m sure the IT team will be working on this and will restore service as soon as they can.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll stop banging my head against the computer screen now and try again in a few hours... grins.

Steve K.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try again today. Dec 15, 2013

Hi Steve,

The access seems to be functioning again this morning so please try again and if you're still having problems drop me an email.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Steve Kerry
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
No joy Dec 15, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Steve,

The access seems to be functioning again this morning so please try again and if you're still having problems drop me an email.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Problem NOT solved, further customer service links supplied not working either!

This is costing me time and money.

Steve K.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
I have logged... Dec 15, 2013

... the support case for you through the solution finder as I advised. The licensing team will get to you tomorrow.

Apologies for the problems you have encountered.

Regards

Paul

Steve Kerry
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
The left hand... Dec 15, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... the support case for you through the solution finder as I advised. The licensing team will get to you tomorrow.

Apologies for the problems you have encountered.

Regards

Paul

..doesn't appear to know what the right hand is doing! Company-internal communications need a bit of a tweak, perhaps?

Still incommunicado (and no, it's not a small South-American country...)

Steve K.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Why? Dec 15, 2013

The only confusion here seems to be between you and I. You probably won't get a response today because the licensing team work Mon-Fri.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't deactivate or activate on license server

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »