Thread poster: Toralf Mjelde
Toralf Mjelde
Toralf Mjelde  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:13
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
Jun 3, 2016

Hello!

I want to overwrite my existing TM with a more recent TM from an edited file I got back from a colleague. I have updated the TM, but when the segments come up with two 100% macthes, the old TM unit is automaticalle selected over the new and updated one. How do I make sure that the new 100% match automatically gets inserted? I have the 2011 version of Trados.

Thanks for your help!

Toralf

Elena Tsompanidou
Elena Tsompanidou
Greece
Local time: 07:13
English to Greek
+ ...
Update TUs or prioritize TM Jun 4, 2016

Do you mean you want to overwrite the existing translation units of your TM with the new ones?

I'm not sure if this is an option in Batch Tasks > Update main TM in Studio 2011, but you could create a tmx from the edited file and import it into the old TM. In this case, make sure you choose the option to overwrite the existing TUs.

Otherwise, if you have two TMs, you can prioritize the new one. To do that you just have to move it up in the list.

Hope this he
... See more
Do you mean you want to overwrite the existing translation units of your TM with the new ones?

I'm not sure if this is an option in Batch Tasks > Update main TM in Studio 2011, but you could create a tmx from the edited file and import it into the old TM. In this case, make sure you choose the option to overwrite the existing TUs.

Otherwise, if you have two TMs, you can prioritize the new one. To do that you just have to move it up in the list.

Hope this helps.
Collapse

Toralf Mjelde
Toralf Mjelde  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:13
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 6, 2016

Great, I will try that. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Overwrite existing memory with more recent 100% match

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »