help with concordance in trados
Thread poster: kuatroka
kuatroka
kuatroka
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 12, 2005

hi everybody, i have the followig problem: i've been given the TM made by aligning two texts (german + spanish), exported it to the Trados Workbench and now with "concordance" option i only can look up spanish to german concordance but not german to spanish one. is there any way to look up the other way round: the german to spanish?

P.D. i got trados FL 5 and trados Fl 7

thank you in advance

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-09-12 17:19]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:46
English to German
+ ...
Create a reverse TM Sep 12, 2005

Hi,
You can use the export file created by way of alignment to create a TM in the reverse direction.

Best regards,
Ralf

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:46
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Export to txt and use a search tool Sep 13, 2005

Another option is to export the memory to a text file, and then use a specialized search tool to find what you are looking for.

I use "Search and Replace" - you can download a shareware copy at www.funduc.com - but any other good search tool can be used the same way.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help with concordance in trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »