Smartcat - HELP !
Thread poster: ddcl

ddcl
Israel
New user
Nov 1

I am usually work with Trados, but I have a client who inssist working on that platform.

I want to download the translated version to compare it with my source, in that way i can see the layout, tables, fonts etc.

I don't find any option for that in Smartcat - their support is BAD and they don't responds the tickets.

in Trados, it is very simple to d/l the document and review, proofread and such.

How do I do that in Smartcat?

I
... See more
I am usually work with Trados, but I have a client who inssist working on that platform.

I want to download the translated version to compare it with my source, in that way i can see the layout, tables, fonts etc.

I don't find any option for that in Smartcat - their support is BAD and they don't responds the tickets.

in Trados, it is very simple to d/l the document and review, proofread and such.

How do I do that in Smartcat?

I can download a file, but this is a Indesign file - which it won't recognize many signs and it is more like gibberish
Also it says I am missing fonts - but this is a different issue.

Fast help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:18
English to French
+ ...
  Nov 1

Do you mean that? https://help.smartcat.ai/hc/en-us/articles/115002150271-Downloading-the-translation

From what you say, it appears the original file format is an InDesign file format. You need a proper application to view IDML files (Adobe InDesign, mostly).

Fixing a translated IDML file in Adobe InDesign counts as a DTP servic
... See more
Do you mean that? https://help.smartcat.ai/hc/en-us/articles/115002150271-Downloading-the-translation

From what you say, it appears the original file format is an InDesign file format. You need a proper application to view IDML files (Adobe InDesign, mostly).

Fixing a translated IDML file in Adobe InDesign counts as a DTP service, not translation, and is generally billed independently.

Jean
Collapse

ddcl
Israel
New user
TOPIC STARTER
thank you. Nov 1

Yes, I know about the DTP, but in fact, this helps me to have consistency and fluency in my work. So it serves me.
I have it installed on my laptop but the file seems to be lack and in gibberish.

Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:18
English to French
+ ...
  Nov 1

If you have exported the translated InDesign file as explained here: https://help.smartcat.ai/hc/en-us/articles/360029093191-Exporting-Files and it is gibberish in InDesign, I don't know what the issue is, and would refer you to the official support, since they may need to check the file in question to isolate the issue or help you troubleshoot.

Jean

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Smartcat - HELP !

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search