Thread poster: Inessa Akhmetova
Inessa Akhmetova
Inessa Akhmetova  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:35
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 5, 2011

I experienced some problems today with urgent project. i have to edit text in .pdf file but have no Adobe Acrobat Professional installed in my netbook. Solution was found in Internet. Infix pdf editor http://www.iceni.com. very simple, functional and not expenive. it saves my project, time and money!

Laurie Price
Laurie Price  Identity Verified
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
editing enabled ... Aug 5, 2011

Inessa,

You could have also asked your client to resend the pdf document "editing enabled" -- which would have let you edit it without having Adobe Acrobat Professional -- or spending any money, but glad you found a solution in any case.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:35
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Indeed I love InFix! Aug 5, 2011

Not perfect, but quite the handy tool for most simple PDF files. I am quite eager to install release 5.0, which just came out recently.

gumuruhsspj
gumuruhsspj
Local time: 14:35
English to Indonesian
+ ...
if you asked to your IT person Aug 7, 2011

ya, Tomas,

i'm glad that your problem was solved.
anyway if you asked to your friend that is IT person,
they may suggest you to use opensource rather than paying some money
to obtain a tool you mentioned earlier...

Check this out!

and good luck for everyone!...
See more
ya, Tomas,

i'm glad that your problem was solved.
anyway if you asked to your friend that is IT person,
they may suggest you to use opensource rather than paying some money
to obtain a tool you mentioned earlier...

Check this out!

and good luck for everyone!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Open source applications Aug 7, 2011

are not necessarily suitable for the purposes we need.

Stefania Blds
Stefania Blds
Thank you for suggesting Infix Aug 10, 2011

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Not perfect, but quite the handy tool for most simple PDF files. I am quite eager to install release 5.0, which just came out recently.

Thanks so much for naming this pdf editing tool. I didn't know it existed and I find Infix extremely useful. I This forum is really rich of useful information. I was looking for something that could allow me to do some paragraph translation on the fly, and run into Infix. I must say I was amazed how handy and easy to use this software is! Before I was "fighting" with acrobat, having troubles with formatting and almost no chance to modify text boxes, but now... it's a breeze! Do you know by chance, if Infix 5.0 has been released already and if it will work on a Mac as well, without font consistency problems?

[Edited at 2011-08-10 06:49 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pdf edit

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »