Using Adobe Reader with Windows 8
Thread poster: lindaellen
Feb 5, 2013

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and Word 2013. I tried to use Adobe Reader to fill in some pdf forms (which worked before with XP/Word 2003), but now it doesn't. I can read and print the pdfs, but not make changes or additions.

Can someone please help me.

Thank you in advance.

lindaellen

Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:44
English to Russian
+ ...
Not all forms are fillable Feb 5, 2013

You can only use Reader to fill forms that have been designed as fillable, which aren't too many. You may have just a printable form to be filled by hand. You can, however, fill it on a computer in full Acrobat.

lindaellen

TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Anton Feb 5, 2013

I was using fillable forms. I started working on them with my old XP and Word 2003, then I downloaded the new software and wanted to continue, but could not. I also downloaded the pdfs again, thinking if I started over with new pdfs it might work, but it didn't help.

I tried searching the Adobe forums and Windows forums, but had no luck.

Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
Probably the Reader is the culprit Feb 6, 2013

lindaellen wrote:

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and Word 2013. I tried to use Adobe Reader to fill in some pdf forms

I'm rather sure that this is a problem of the Reader or its (new) settings and that Windows & Word have nothing to do with this problem.

Note: Windows 8 includes a Microsoft pdf reader which might start automatically upon clicking a pdf file. Are you sure that you are using the latest Adobe Reader instead of the Windows Reader?

Anne Flaemig  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
PDF in Word 2013 Feb 6, 2013

Shouldn't Word 2013 be able to handle pdf now? That's what Microsoft announced and I found a reference to it here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2023741/how-to-edit-pdfs-in-word-2013.html

Good luck,
Anne

lindaellen

TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Rolf and Anne Feb 6, 2013

When I try to open the file with Word, I get a message that there is too much graphic for Word to open it. I am now looking at other pdf readers, including XChange Viewer.

The German PC site chip.de has some comparisons that I will investigate.

Thanks for your help.

lindaellen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Adobe Reader with Windows 8

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search