Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Trados Studio 2011, is it worth it upgrading?
Thread poster: Helena Grahn
Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:47
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
I've officially had enough of Studio 2011 Dec 12, 2011

1. It crashes more often than 2009, especially while opening files or projects.
2. It works very slowly - you finish typing and have to wait for Studio to catch up with you.

Both 1 and 2 happen at times, not all the time.

3. The main advantage over 2009 - Trados bilingual Word file support is flawed as non-translatable content can be missing from exported files.

4. There are no shortcuts for inserting terms and for confirming segments without jumping
... See more
1. It crashes more often than 2009, especially while opening files or projects.
2. It works very slowly - you finish typing and have to wait for Studio to catch up with you.

Both 1 and 2 happen at times, not all the time.

3. The main advantage over 2009 - Trados bilingual Word file support is flawed as non-translatable content can be missing from exported files.

4. There are no shortcuts for inserting terms and for confirming segments without jumping to another segment, although both features are available in the righ-click context menu.

I would probably return the licence and ask for my money back, but I'm afraid it would be too much hassle, so hopefully a service pack will make it more usable in the future. Currently, I'm using 2009 anyway.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011, is it worth it upgrading?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »