How can I turn off the selection function?
Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 23:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 13, 2009

I was using Word. I pressed something and a message appeared. Now, when I press the mouse all the text is selected. How can I solve this? I cannot use Word. I use Windows XP Professional. Thanks in advance.

Henrik Pipoyan
Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:25
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Probably this is a keyboard problem Dec 13, 2009

Maybe your Shift key is pressed. Hit the Shift keys several times. If it doesn't help, press Shift 5 times and turn of StickKeys. Maybe this is the problem.

Local time: 23:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Henrik Dec 13, 2009

I managed to turn off this disgusting function. In my opinion, the host of Windows key combinations is sometimes a nightmare instead of an asset.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I turn off the selection function?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »