Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:21
Spanish
+ ...
Aug 8, 2004

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I'm trying to view the souce of a web site using the source option from the view tab and nothing happens. My notepad works fine, and up until a few weeks ago I had no problems viewing the source. I've tried several web sites and still nothing happens. I use IE V6.0 my OS is WXP.

Thanks, I'd appreciate any help.
Cali

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:21
English to Polish
+ ...
I have the same problem Aug 8, 2004

It started after I set the default app to open html files to Word (had to open a lot of HTML files this way) and then restored Microsoft Explorer. Until I find a solution I do copy&paste into FrontPage (or Visual Studio) and click ot a HTML tab.

Florence B  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:21
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Wondering if it's XP latest update Aug 8, 2004

I have noticed the same thing exactly, for the last two weeks, and I haven't changed anything to my settings except for the W and Panda automatic updates. Once in a while Notepad opens with the source, but most of the time nothing happens.
Since then I open the source files in Netscape when needed.

I thought about a bug on my computer but now that I see that I'm not the only one I'm wondering.

Florence

[Edited at 2004-08-08 16:20]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:21
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I fixed it Aug 8, 2004

It seems that the problem was that i had the wrong application on the Accessories folder. I had Notepad.exe intalled on the folder C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsAccessories. That's why I could open the notepad except when clicking on view/source. What I did was copy the application notepad.exe on the windows folder and paste it on the Accesories folder.

For more information: http://www.mredkj.com/tutorials/tips_ie.html

It seems that deleting the Temporary Internet Files works in certain cases, although that didn't work for me.

Good luck,

Cali

[Edited at 2004-08-18 01:24]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

View Source

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search