specialized in scientific and technical translation, English > French
- Environment (climate change, hazardous waste and chemicals, pollution, public health)
- Energy (management, production, recovery)
- Industrial equipment and processes, HSE (chemical, oil and agri-food industries, industrial machining, sorting and handling systems)
- Electronics & optics (measurement and control, sensors, machine vision, image processing, digital imaging, photography)
. Examples of projects and types of documents
- Publications on the role of forests in climate change, and climate change policies, tools and initiatives
- Publication on hazardous chemical management and their environmental fate
- Training material for the staff of a thermal power plant
- Technical guide on functional safety in the frame of the EU Machinery Directive
- HSE training material for the staff of an international oil company
- Product information and technical data sheets for the specialty chemical industry
- Technical proposals for vehicle and cargo scanning systems
- User’s manual for a water-jet cutting system for the aerospace sector
- User’s manuals, sales and marketing brochures, catalogues and newsletters for the machine vision and sensor industry
A translator and Industrial process engineer (Master of Science), I specialize in scientific and technical translation, from English to French.
Through my formal training as an engineer and my professional experience, I have developed strong skills in various highly technical domains, such as environment, energy, industrial equipment and processes, as well as electronics & optics, which form the basis for my translation activity.
Given my dual skills and experience, the documents translated for my industrial and institutional clients are done so in plain and accurate French, suited for the end user. My projects are carried out while complying with deadline, quality and confidentiality requirements.
A French native, based in the South-West of France, I have been living and working in a French-British bilingual environment for many years.
My rates depend namely on the technical complexity of the document and delivery deadline. Don't hesitate to send me a sample of the document that needs translating, and I will provide you with a quote.
Like many French freelance translators, I use the services of an umbrella company to manage the administrative aspects of my business, including invoicing.
For further details, please contact me.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.