Thread poster: Gwidon Naskrent
Gwidon Naskrent
Gwidon Naskrent  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:42
English to Polish
+ ...
May 25, 2008

I've received a large project (over 700 segments) to work on with Logoport. However, opening each segment takes 5-10 seconds, so work is irritably slow (even if a 100% match is found). Is this normal? I've got a DSL connection with pings to the Lionbridge server in the range of 100-120 ms (usual pings are in the range of 30-40 ms). On the settings page, it says "latency 247 ms" - is this a large value?

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:42
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
It should not be slow May 25, 2008

Unless the TM you are searching is really huge. If I were you I would contact the person who assigned the job to you in order to have feedback from people working on the same TM and/or the Logoport server administrator.

Gwidon Naskrent
Gwidon Naskrent  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:42
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed May 27, 2008

It seems it was a temporary problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Slow Logoport

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »