Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Excellent suggestions! May 17, 2003

Y_Bill, 3Sigma and Kvasir,

You are making excellent suggestions here. I am paying close attention to your suggestions. I appreciate very much the brain storms you brought forward in terms of how to improve the quality of discussion and the understanding of Chinese language and cultures in the Chinese Forum. Your stream of thoughts is definitely flowing along with the goal in my mind.

To create interesting topics and organize subject-specific discussion
... See more
Y_Bill, 3Sigma and Kvasir,

You are making excellent suggestions here. I am paying close attention to your suggestions. I appreciate very much the brain storms you brought forward in terms of how to improve the quality of discussion and the understanding of Chinese language and cultures in the Chinese Forum. Your stream of thoughts is definitely flowing along with the goal in my mind.

To create interesting topics and organize subject-specific discussion in Chinese Forum can guide positively the enthusiasm and input of our translators. As we all agree that the Chinese Forum is a multi-functional platform and can be used creatively for many purposes. You all can help in this aspect to draw people and make them comfortable and welcomed to express their opinions.

As you may have noticed, it is not an easy task to draw people and make them feel free to express themselves in the Chinese Forum. So far most of the contributors who have posted their messages are the translators in the western countries, although it is made known that both Chinese and English messages are welcome here. It seems to me the hesitation of expressing thoughts here has to with something that is beyond the language choices.

I am open for all your suggestions. Lets consolidate and refine them and create something can draw people\'s interest and worth people\'s time and energy.

[ This Message was edited by: TongliUSA on 2003-05-17 18:10]
Collapse

Y_Bill
Y_Bill
Local time: 21:43
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hang on and hope for more! May 17, 2003

When the voice of reason cries out loud,

The sun shines briliant through the cloud;

So please come to our Chinese forum and share

The language and culture glorious and fair.

3Sigma
3Sigma  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
以身作则 May 18, 2003

Kevin兄的见解甚是。在中文论坛上的忠实贡献者的却了了无几。创出一个新天地谈何容易。但我们不能因此而气馁。

言论自由也包括“不言论”的自由。所以我们必须尊重读者选择不发表意见的权利。但如果每人都不发表意见,那此论坛也就不存在了。

依小弟之见,由小弟开始以身作则,基于言论自由,不排斥,不偏袒,不作人身攻击等原则下,发表个人意见,供各路人士参考批评。从而推动不同课题的研讨,来促进语言,文化及价值观的交流。

从“棒棒冰”一谈中,前后共有数以千计的读者,足以证明,许多人都非常关注中文论坛中的课题。因此,小弟以为,只要能保持客观性的讨论,必能带动中文论坛的繁荣。

望版主也能以身作则,共同开发新天地。

3Sigma
3Sigma  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
“唐弟”即可 May 18, 2003

Bill兄

“唐兄”之称不敢当。在武侠小说里,同门师兄弟是以入门先后排名,年龄不分。小弟“半途出家”,乃后辈也。

半唐番

Y_Bill
Y_Bill
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
承让了! May 18, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-18 03:58, 3Sigma wrote:

Bill兄

半唐番

唐弟,

愚兄这厢有礼了!

虽曾有“笑傲江湖”之心,怎奈志大才疏、性情懒... See more
Quote:

On 2003-05-18 03:58, 3Sigma wrote:

Bill兄

半唐番

唐弟,

愚兄这厢有礼了!

虽曾有“笑傲江湖”之心,怎奈志大才疏、性情懒散,退而作“逍遥游”而已。

有Kevin版主公允持中之主持,有唐弟等才俊之士积极贡献,中文论坛之更加繁荣很可以期待!

网络之本意就是交流,请广大网友踊跃加入,展现与提高自我,享受论坛的阳光。

虚拟世界无形无相,现实人格可知可感,从虚拟到现实不过一念之遥而已。

Bill ▲ Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

中文论坛,正本清源?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »