Mobile menu

Copyright Issues (if any) when sending translation samples?
Thread poster: Salvora
Salvora  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:35
English to Spanish
Aug 24, 2004

I have heard from many of you that a way to improve chances of getting jobs when starting up, and very especially when one has very little experience, is to send several translation samples together with the CV.

I was just wondering. What kind of texts would you pick to send as translation samples? And, is there any copyright issue to bear in mind? For instance, can I just translate a news article that has been published in a well-known newspaper to send it as a translation sample? Would one have to ask for authorisation to translate someone's else text or document to use as a translation sample?

[Edited at 2004-08-24 22:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copyright Issues (if any) when sending translation samples?

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs