Helle Gylling
Helle Gylling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:36
English to Danish
+ ...
Dec 19, 2015

Hi

I have memoQ 2013 R2 and now, with the new Language Terminal, I can't back up my projects anymore or click on the "open profile" link on the Dashboard. I get an error message that says:

>>Could not start a valid session on the Language Terminal server. Please make sure your Language Terminal account is configured properly in Help / My Language Terminal Account.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:36
Finnish to French
Incompatible version? Dec 19, 2015

Kilgray doesn’t mention anything about it in their FAQ, but maybe the new Language Terminal is only compatible with recent versions of memoQ, eg. 2014 and 2015? Have you asked support about it?

Sonoko Enami
Sonoko Enami  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 07:36
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
MemoQ 2015 only Dec 22, 2015

Helle,

I had the same problem with my MemoQ 2014 R2. I asked for their support on this issue to which I received the following answer.

---Quote---
It is not compatible with older versions than memoQ 2015. This means you will be able to work with the new LT, if you upgrade to that version, otherwise it is not going to work.
---Unquote---

So now I choose "Save backup to a file" option instead of "Store backup online in Language Terminal", and then
... See more
Helle,

I had the same problem with my MemoQ 2014 R2. I asked for their support on this issue to which I received the following answer.

---Quote---
It is not compatible with older versions than memoQ 2015. This means you will be able to work with the new LT, if you upgrade to that version, otherwise it is not going to work.
---Unquote---

So now I choose "Save backup to a file" option instead of "Store backup online in Language Terminal", and then drag that project file to the "Add memoQ project backup" box on the Project Backup page in the new LT - Tools.

I haven't asked the MemoQ support if it's the right way to do it, but so far it works.

Sonoko
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't back up files to the new Language Terminal

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »