Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jun 7, 2006

Today, I lost a very dear lady in my life, in the battle against breast cancer.

Please help in the battle against breast cancer by clicking http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

When you go there, please click on the pink banner that says: FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS. FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS. Click every day to give hope to women in need. It's free!

Thank you,
Monika

p.s. I know this is Out of Scope in ProZ.com, but I believe this thread might help somewhat or someone in the fight against this dreadful disease.
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 08:55
German to English
+ ...
Race for the cure Jun 7, 2006

Sorry to hear about your loss - it is always tragic to lose someone close to the heart.

I have run in the "Race for the Cure" in Frankfurt a couple of times. It is also held to raise awareness of breast cancer and to raise funds for the Komen foundation.

http://www.komen.org/

We can't be beaten by this disease.

Alison

Marisa Condurso de Nohara
Marisa Condurso de Nohara  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Fighting every day through my own job Jun 7, 2006

Hi Monika,
I lost my mother 5 months ago, due to breast cancer. And although I am already a 47-year-old mother with own children, nobody will ever fill that empty space, in my case, the one left by my mother's passing away. Receive my sympathy for your loss, too.

But let's raise some hope for other women all over the world! I have just click on the URL proposed by you.

If it is of any use, remember that many of us (translators), are constantly fighting against tha
... See more
Hi Monika,
I lost my mother 5 months ago, due to breast cancer. And although I am already a 47-year-old mother with own children, nobody will ever fill that empty space, in my case, the one left by my mother's passing away. Receive my sympathy for your loss, too.

But let's raise some hope for other women all over the world! I have just click on the URL proposed by you.

If it is of any use, remember that many of us (translators), are constantly fighting against that terrible disease, and many others, by means of our daily task: spreading medical information on new treatments, on new hopes. And although it is a paid job, in some way, we are making a tiny contribution to help others help.

I'm with you,
Your colleague from Argentina
Collapse

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:55
English to French
+ ...
Just a click away... Jun 8, 2006

Thanks for sharing the link. I'll make sure I click it everyday!

Monika and McNohara, please receive my most sincere sympathies for your loss. My mother developped breast cancer (twice!) and everyday I feel blessed that she survived. But the Sword of Damocles is always there, hanging over her. Who knows when cancer will strike again? And who knows when I will develop the same affection?

Marie-Claude

englishhindi
englishhindi
Local time: 12:25
English to Hindi
I clicked and will click Jun 8, 2006

I will definitely do this clicking. I am already related with cystic fibrosis and now I feel satisfied that may be very little, but I could do somethinf for breast cancer too. May god give you the strength to bear with the loss.
Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

Thanks for sharing the link. I'll make sure I click it everyday!

Monika and McNohara, please receive my most sincere sympathies for your loss. My mother developped breast cancer (twice!) and everyday I feel blessed that she survived. But the Sword of Damocles is always there, hanging over her. Who knows when cancer will strike again? And who knows when I will develop the same affection?

Marie-Claude

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help in the battle against breast cancer

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »