Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:51
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 16, 2006

Yes, I can't understand why I don't see the menus. There are just some buttons in th upper section of the Explorer.

How could I restore the IE typical configuration?

Thanx in advance

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:51
English to French
+ ...
The cat ate the menus! Jun 16, 2006

Hello Yaotl,

I would try to right-click in the area with the buttons, and see if I can turn those menus back on. You may have accidentally toggled the main menu off.

By the way, why do you use IE? Anything on the market today is better than that! Try this one: http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser . It's free, lightweight, has tabs, filters popups and advertising and has a group fe
... See more
Hello Yaotl,

I would try to right-click in the area with the buttons, and see if I can turn those menus back on. You may have accidentally toggled the main menu off.

By the way, why do you use IE? Anything on the market today is better than that! Try this one: http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser . It's free, lightweight, has tabs, filters popups and advertising and has a group feature - you can make up a group of sites that you can open with two mouseclicks. Perfect for a translator who needs to work in many browser windows at once. Oh, I forgot, you also NEVER get any viruses with this one - much unlike IE.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2006-06-16 06:17]
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download Jun 16, 2006

Hello Viktoria,

I will download it because IE is not as good as they creators say. Virus are a constant nowadays, I think your suggestion will be implemented thi day.

On the menus, I've right-clicked the buttons but my old menus are still in the limbo...

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Viktoria, je t'aime Jun 16, 2006

Viktoria Gimbe wrote:

It's free, lightweight, has tabs, filters popups and advertising and has a group feature - you can make up a group of sites that you can open with two mouseclicks. Perfect for a translator who needs to work in many browser windows at once. Oh, I forgot, you also NEVER get any viruses with this one - much unlike IE.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2006-06-16 06:17]

Yes, I've downloaded it and it seems very confortable for translator needs, just as you explained before.

It uses the same Favorites files, thus there' no need to export files.

If we can hurt the feelings of the MS founder doing this, while getting a great browser, then I'll keep hurting him

María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 15:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mozilla Firefox Jun 16, 2006

Yaotl Altan wrote:

Yes, I've downloaded it and it seems very confortable for translator needs, just as you explained before.

It uses the same Favorites files, thus there' no need to export files.

If we can hurt the feelings of the MS founder doing this, while getting a great browser, then I'll keep hurting him

Firefox is great too!

Hola, Yaotl

Mozilla Firefox is a GREAT browser. I've been using it for over a year now.

http://www.mozilla.org/

It never crashes, has multi-tab browsing and a lot of cool features. One of the best is that you can block those pesky pop-up ads...

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:51
German to Spanish
Opera Jun 16, 2006

www.opera.com

Pros:

Simply the best

Contras:

Google, Yahoo or Kudoz bar can not be added

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 22:51
French to English
+ ...
I recommend Firefox Jun 16, 2006

As the first answerer says, no translator should be using IE. It's too insecure, and not customisable enough. I recommend Firefox. There are so many extensions that you can add that are extremely useful for translators.

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:51
English to French
+ ...
Te quiero tanbien, Yaotl :D Jun 17, 2006

See, you have many alternatives!

I still recommend to everyone to give SlimBrowser a try. The grouping feature is one I can't live without as a translator, and I haven't seen this in any other browser.

I find that not enough people know SlimBrowser, and it's a pity, because it does pretty much everything the other friendly browsers do, like Opera, Firefox, etc. But it also has grouping, and that alone makes a HUGE difference.

I hope you like it, Yaotl. Def
... See more
See, you have many alternatives!

I still recommend to everyone to give SlimBrowser a try. The grouping feature is one I can't live without as a translator, and I haven't seen this in any other browser.

I find that not enough people know SlimBrowser, and it's a pity, because it does pretty much everything the other friendly browsers do, like Opera, Firefox, etc. But it also has grouping, and that alone makes a HUGE difference.

I hope you like it, Yaotl. Definitely check out the grouping feature, you will get hooked!

Have fun browsing!

Viktoria

P.S.: While you're at it, you may want to try Flashpeak's other program, BlazeFTP. That's the one I use for all my FTP needs, and it's just as easy and straightforward to use as SB.

[Edited at 2006-06-17 09:10]
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx Jun 19, 2006

Viktoria, Teresa, Fernando, Timothy, thanx again !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet Explorer doesn't show the menu

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »