Thread poster: Edward Plaisance Jr
Edward Plaisance Jr
Edward Plaisance Jr  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:56
Member (2008)
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
Oct 7, 2007

Tazegi matlabi neveshtam be khate farsi dar MS Word va kushesh kardam montaghelesh konam be in forum. Do kalame engilsi dar matn bud va zaheran in kalamat ba'es shod ke khatbandi dar in forum ghati beshavad, dar halike dar MS Word bedune eshkal bud.

Belakhare in kalamat ra bar dashtam va nesbatan behtar shod, ama ba in vojud, hanuz khate farsi ra dorost neshan nemidahad. Yani, formate rast be chap dorost ejra nemishavad.

Aya rahe hali vojud darad?

Dar entez
... See more
Tazegi matlabi neveshtam be khate farsi dar MS Word va kushesh kardam montaghelesh konam be in forum. Do kalame engilsi dar matn bud va zaheran in kalamat ba'es shod ke khatbandi dar in forum ghati beshavad, dar halike dar MS Word bedune eshkal bud.

Belakhare in kalamat ra bar dashtam va nesbatan behtar shod, ama ba in vojud, hanuz khate farsi ra dorost neshan nemidahad. Yani, formate rast be chap dorost ejra nemishavad.

Aya rahe hali vojud darad?

Dar entezar pishnahad...

Ed Plaisance

I recently wrote a topic in Persian [with the Persian script] in MS Word and tried to transfer it to this forum. There were two English words in the text and apparently this caused the line spacing to get messed up, whereas in MS Word there was no problem.

Eventually I removed those two words and it was relatively improved, but even still it doesn't show the Persian script properly. That is, the right-to-left format doesn't work properly.

Is there any solution?

Waiting for your suggestions...

Ed Plaisance

[Edited at 2007-10-07 12:08]
Collapse

Mohammad Reza Razaghi
Mohammad Reza Razaghi  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 07:26
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
There is a solution, but not automated yet... Oct 7, 2007

Hi Edward,

Thank you for mentioning this.

Please try the following:

Right-click on the web page containing Farsi or Farsi/English text, select "Encoding" and then choose the "Right-to-Left Document" option. The whole page becomes right to left.

But in my opinion, this operation should become automated somehow. I hope the site staff could find a way for this.

Best,

Mohammad Reza

P.S: I wanted to write in F
... See more
Hi Edward,

Thank you for mentioning this.

Please try the following:

Right-click on the web page containing Farsi or Farsi/English text, select "Encoding" and then choose the "Right-to-Left Document" option. The whole page becomes right to left.

But in my opinion, this operation should become automated somehow. I hope the site staff could find a way for this.

Best,

Mohammad Reza

P.S: I wanted to write in Farsi here, because this is the Persian/Farsi forum, but I didn't only because I had to mention some English words, and otherwise the text would be corrupted, just as you said!!
Collapse

Sima Sharifi
Sima Sharifi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:56
+ ...
Making the Forum Farsi-Friendly Oct 7, 2007

Hi Every One,

Thank you Mohammad Reza for showing how to convert the whole web page into Right-Left direction.

Now, keeping the punctuation marks in their proper positions does also contribute to a Farsi-Friendly text.
How can we keep puctuations like full stops, commas, etc. from jumping to the beginning of the line?

I realized that some of you seem to have managed just that.

Please share your knowledge!

Sima

Mohammad Reza Razaghi
Mohammad Reza Razaghi  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 07:26
+ ...
Punctuation Marks Oct 8, 2007

SimaW wrote:

Now, keeping the punctuation marks in their proper positions does also contribute to a Farsi-Friendly text.
How can we keep puctuations like full stops, commas, etc. from jumping to the beginning of the line?

I realized that some of you seem to have managed just that.

Sima

Hi Sima!

As far as I know, when you make the whole page Right-to-Left, the punctuation marks are in their correct position. Even in the Left-to-Right mode, only the final mark (the one after which there is no additional Right-to-Left text) is displaced.
So, by typing the Farsi or Farsi/English text directly in the Right-to-Left page, or typing it in Word and pasting it in a Right-to-Left page, you should see the correct punctuation marks.

HTH

Mohammad Reza

Sima Sharifi
Sima Sharifi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:56
+ ...
Making the Forum Farsi-Friendly Oct 11, 2007

Thank you Mohammad Reza for the useful reply.

Sima

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Mahmoud Akbari[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making the Forum Farsi-friendly

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »