Ana Naglić
Ana Naglić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 11:02
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Dec 4, 2006

I paid 10 EUR to ProZ for my domain renewal through Moneybookers on 10 Oct 06. However, last week I received a warning that my domain expires on 8:52pm Dec 7, 2006. Then I submitted a support ticket, and got no reply, and today I received a warning that my domain will expire in 5 days!
What should I do?

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:02
English to French
+ ...
You should send a support ticket Dec 4, 2006

Lately, I have been having a feeling that ProZ staff is too busy to look often enough at the forum. I also got no reply to threads that required a reply, but that weren't important enough to send a support ticket. However, the issue you are having does deserve a ticket - and fast. As far as I know, ProZ doesn't leave support tickets unattended.

However, if you didn't get a reply to a previous ticket, it may be a good idea to e-mail site staff through their profile - they probably ch
... See more
Lately, I have been having a feeling that ProZ staff is too busy to look often enough at the forum. I also got no reply to threads that required a reply, but that weren't important enough to send a support ticket. However, the issue you are having does deserve a ticket - and fast. As far as I know, ProZ doesn't leave support tickets unattended.

However, if you didn't get a reply to a previous ticket, it may be a good idea to e-mail site staff through their profile - they probably check their e-mail often. Make sure you insert a subject that will make them react and that they don't think you are just being unpolite to mail them instead of submitting a ticket. They may not be very happy about it, but I am sure they understand why you are resorting to that solution. You have to bang on that door until it opens.

All the best!

P.S.: It IS a good thing you posted, it may be another means to ring an alarm - maybe someone WILL see this and take care of it. I hope this gets resolved in a timely manner for you.
Collapse

Ana Naglić
Croatia
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did both Dec 4, 2006

I sent a support ticket on 01 Dec (no reply), then I sent 2 e-mails this morning, no reply.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
We'll reply soon Dec 4, 2006

Hi Ana,

Our staff will be in soon and we'll make sure your domain does not expire. We sometimes get to support tickets over the weekend, but not always.

Thanks for using ProZ.com hosting.

Henry

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Time difference plus weekend Dec 4, 2006

Hi,
I'm sure your ticket/e-mails will be answered promptly, just bear in mind that support staff works from Argentina, so they start work some time in afternoon European time. Also weekends are typically non-working days so they will read your e-mails only about early afternoon on Monday your time.

HTH,
Magda

Ana Naglić
Croatia
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 4, 2006

Dear Henry,
thank you for your prompt reply!

justin C
justin C
United States
English
I went ahead and renewed your domain for a year while your payment is being processed Dec 4, 2006

Hi Ana,

As noted in your support ticket, I went ahead and renewed your domain for a year while your payment is being processed.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you!

Best regards,
Justin

Ana Naglić
Croatia
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but is the problem really solved? Dec 4, 2006

Thank you, Justin.
But the notification is still displayed and in the Domain Renewals section, it still says that my domain will expire on
Dec 7, 2006.

justin C
justin C
United States
English
Our system had not yet updated your renewal date Dec 4, 2006

Hi again,

Our system updates domain expiration dates on the user end once per day, and since I processed your renewal manually, the system had not yet picked up the changes.

I updated your domain information, so you should now see that your domain expires in December of 2007.

Best regards,
Justin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Domain not renewed, no reply on support ticket

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »