Locking the content of slides in a Powerpoint presentation: Help!!
Thread poster: sylv333
sylv333
sylv333
Local time: 04:06
English to French
+ ...
May 15, 2003

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me!

I work for an international educational organization and we want to put some Powerpoint presentations on our web site for our workshop leaders. We want them to be able to pick and choose the slides they want to create their own presentation, but we would like to prevent them from changing the content of the slides. Is there a way of locking each individual slides so that the content can not be touched without preventing them from ma
... See more
Hi,

I hope somebody can help me!

I work for an international educational organization and we want to put some Powerpoint presentations on our web site for our workshop leaders. We want them to be able to pick and choose the slides they want to create their own presentation, but we would like to prevent them from changing the content of the slides. Is there a way of locking each individual slides so that the content can not be touched without preventing them from manipulating the slides themselves (order and all)?

I hope that makes sense and that someone has an answer out there!

thanks

Sylvie
Collapse

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try asking at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powerpoint/ May 16, 2003

Hi Sylvie

Maybe they can help you at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powerpoint/

Regards

HRiley
HRiley  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:06
Spanish to English
+ ...
Use security option to password-protect May 16, 2003

Go to Tools > Options > Security, and then to the field marked \"password for modification\" (or something like that - my version of PowerPoint is in French). You can enter a password that will be requested if anyone tries to edit the slides.

Just one point though, I\'m not sure if this option is available on all versions of Powerpoint, or just more recent ones.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Locking the content of slides in a Powerpoint presentation: Help!!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »