International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

online interpreting
Thread poster: Paula González Fernández

Paula González Fernández  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 12, 2011

Hello everyone!
It's been a while I've considered the idea of doing online interpretation, and now a good client of my is offering me a good opportunity to do it. I would be very grateful to anyone with experience on it to give me some insights. Is there any special software you use, or you do the interpreting via skype?
Thanks in advance,
Paula

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:44
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sergio Viaggio's article on remote interpreting Oct 13, 2011

Hi Paula,
While it does not give specific tips on which software to use, rather discusses some problems related to interpreting remotely, you may find Sergio's article well worth reading. It is available at
http://www.aiic.net/ViewPage.cfm/article2769.htm
Best,
Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

online interpreting

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search