Thread poster: Elena Maughan
Elena Maughan
Elena Maughan
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:09
English to Russian
Oct 27, 2015

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for a piece of advice regarding DPSI and DPI. I have DPSI and just wondering whether I need to get DPI qualification as well? I know DPI is what used to be Metropolitan Police Test - any ideas about the name change? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Lena

zaf
zaf  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Turkish
+ ...
DPSI should be enough Oct 29, 2015

Hello Lena,

In most cases if you have a DPSI (Law) or even any DPSI in my experience, you won't be required to have DPI.

One organisation which required DPI or Met was (maybe still is) London Metropolitan Police, hence the original name of the examination.

The change is not just about the name; it now has Ofqual seal:
"The DPI replaces the Metropolitan Police Test as a newly accredited qualification re
... See more
Hello Lena,

In most cases if you have a DPSI (Law) or even any DPSI in my experience, you won't be required to have DPI.

One organisation which required DPI or Met was (maybe still is) London Metropolitan Police, hence the original name of the examination.

The change is not just about the name; it now has Ofqual seal:
"The DPI replaces the Metropolitan Police Test as a newly accredited qualification recognised by Ofqual" more info on https://www.ciol.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=207&Itemid=674

[Edited at 2015-10-29 12:19 GMT]
Collapse

Elena Maughan
Elena Maughan
United Kingdom
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 2, 2015

Thanks you very much, Zaf! It seems a bit more clear now

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPSI vs DPI

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »