Thread poster: Atena Hensch

Atena Hensch  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 04:13
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Mar 11, 2008

hi there
I am looking for a free software that I can enter the details of all the interpreters in my country. Something specificlly for keeping the interpreters data base.

Do you know any thing like that?

cheers
Atena

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-03-11 11:16]

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Excel ;-) Mar 11, 2008

Of course, I have no idea of what you want to do with a database like that, whether you need it for outsourcing or invoicing purposes, or whether you only want a tool for a quick search. But whatever your objectives are, storing data like this in a simple Excel table is always handy, since you can later use it in almost every database application you might possibly buy. The only drawback: it doesn't look too attractive.

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:13
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Projetex Mar 11, 2008

I am quite happy with Projetex - if you are going not only keep a database but also give work to this interpreters this program could help you a lot, but certainly it's not the only option.

I am quite sure that in a while someone from Proz.com will say also that you could use Connect tool for this purpose. Probably it could save you a lot of work with entering data but then you would have only access to interpreters registered on Proz.com

Kind Regards
Stanislaw

Atena Hensch  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 04:13
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
?? Mar 12, 2008

Stanislaw Czech wrote:

I am quite happy with Projetex - if you are going not only keep a database but also give work to this interpreters this program could help you a lot, but certainly it's not the only option.

yes, I am going to give work to the interpreters too.

Anyway, that's going to be my business. Hopefully...

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software for interpreter details

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search