TM results not appearing
Thread poster: Tiffany Hardy

Tiffany Hardy  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:02
Spanish to English
Mar 11, 2014

I'm doing a translation that is similar to one I did last week, so I applied the TM from last week's project to read from (not to write to). When I started translating I noticed that in a segment I know I had translated before, my result from last week's does not appear. I was surprised, so checked to make sure I had the right TM applied to the project and opened the TM to make sure the segment had been saved last week properly in the TM. There is was in the TM, which is ticked as being applied to this project.

So why isn't it appearing in the translation results?

I'm using version 6.5.19

Thanks in advance for any help.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Denis Hay
Local time: 10:02
more info? Mar 11, 2014

Hi Tiffany,

It's hard to say from a brief description without any specific details and/or knowing the settings (particularly TM settings) in your project.

What was this source text in your TM and what was the sentence to translate? What was the minimum match rate set in TM settings? Which language pair was involved?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:02
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Are you using memoQ4Free? Mar 11, 2014

Have you activated a license for it or are you using the memoQ4Free edition? I think this free edition does not allow you to re-use your old translations, i.e. leverage content from a translation memory.

[Edited at 2014-03-11 09:03 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Andrea Muller  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:02
English to German
+ ...
Are the tags different? Mar 11, 2014

This had happened to me when the tags were different, even though the words were identical.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tiffany Hardy  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:02
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
To answer your questions Mar 14, 2014

Thank you for trying to help me and sorry for not giving more information. Here are the answers to your questions that I hope can help you determine what is wrong:


- The tags were not different.

- I have a full license not the free addition.

- I will try to explain the settings: This is a transit file that I imported and upon doing so, imported a TM included in the package into one that I defined. I didn't specify any minimum match rate, so I suppose it is the default.

- Spanish to English is the language

- The source and target texts were similar enough that is should have appeared. When I did the first translation, the TM provided in the transit package produced a TM result. I modified it slightly and and confirmed it (It appears in my TM when I open it, just not in the results pane). Upon getting the second translation, I saw the results again of the first TM in the results pane, but not my version, just the unmodified, original result. So I have the old TM result, but not the one that should be in there from the modification I made.

I hope this is clear!


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM results not appearing

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search